NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Opera web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Good news for Opera users! Opera team has released new Opera 18 for Windows and Mac which comes with following updates:
- Opera 18 includes updates to the latest Chromium release, version 31
- Media access: Websites can access your camera and microphone
- Themes: Opera is now themeable. You can download themes from Opera add-ons page
- Rocker gestures: Navigate back and forward between pages in a tab's history by rocking your fingers across your mouse buttons
- Tab enhancement: You can now drag tabs between open windows
- Enhanced support for Chromium extensions
- Custom search engines can be created from form context menu
- In Windows, set the browser language from the Settings page
- Stability enhancements
Lets remind you again that since version 15 release, Opera comes with a new refreshing UI and is based on a new rendering engine based on WebKit. It comes with enhanced Speed Dial feature which allows you to group your entries in folders. It also comes with new "Discover" feature which brings you new content with just one click. Opera team has also combined addressbar and searchbar in Opera which makes searching easy and straightforward.
You can download it using following link:
If you want to read the complete changelog, visit following link:
If you don't want to install Opera but want to give it a try, you can check the portable version:
NOTE: Opera team has also introduced release streams for Opera similar to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers:
- Opera (Stable) - Released every couple of weeks, this is the most solid version, ready for daily use.
- Opera Next - Updated more frequently than Stable, this is the feature-complete candidate for the Stable version. While it should be ready for daily use, you can expect some bugs there.
- Opera Developer - A bleeding edge version, you can expect a lot of fancy stuff there; however, some bugs might also appear from time to time.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Acer Gridvista: Get Windows 7 “Aero Snap” Feature in XP and Vista
- Visual Subst: Automatically Create Virtual Drives for Your Desired Folder in Windows Explorer
- SageThumbs: Free Windows Explorer Extension to Show Thumbnail Previews and Convert Many Popular Image Formats
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 7? Check Yourself Using Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
- Download Windows 7 Official Wallpaper Shown at PDC 2008
- Circle Dock: The Open Source Circular and Spiral Dock for Windows