NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Opera web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Good news for Opera users! Opera team has released new Opera 27 for Windows, Linux and Mac which comes with following updates:
- Tab Previews: A new tab menu on tab bar to find tabs easily and quickly in list view by showing their previews
- Navigation Bar: Pages such as Bookmarks, Speed Dial and Discover, now have a new navigation at bottom of start page
- Print preview has been restyled
- [Fixed] Context menus and issues with empty bookmark folders in bookmark manager
- Includes updates to the latest Chromium/Blink release, version 40
Important updates in previous Opera versions:
- Share bookmarks: Ability to share bookmarks with others
- Import bookmarks and other data: Now you can import bookmarks, cookies, history and passwords from Opera 12, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari web browsers using "Settings -> Import bookmarks and settings" option (old method)
- Visual Bookmarks: New way to add and organize your favorite websites with thumbnail preview
- Web Notifications: Developers can deliver native alerts and status information to users
- Built-in PDF Viewer: View documents directly in the browser without installing any extension
- Experimental Start Page for Testing: Includes new stylistic treatments for Speed Dial entries and the Discover feature
- Allows users to show webpage's complete URL in addressbar [Link].
- New Heart menu in combined search and address bar: Allows you to add/remove webpages in Speed Dial, Stash and bookmarks bar.
- New Speed Dial settings: You can change look of Speed Dial entries to big thumbnails or manually customize their height and width.
- Dragable bookmarks: You can drag tabs to bookmarks bar to add them or drag your bookmarks to Speed Dial to create new entries.
- Tab Previews: Hover your mouse cursor over a tab to preview its content
- Private Window Color: Different background color for private browsing windows
- Full Use of HiDPI Screens: Fixes and enhancements for how Opera handles high-resolution screens
Check out following exclusive tutorial highlighting new features of Opera:
Lets remind you again that since version 15 release, Opera comes with a new refreshing UI and is based on a new rendering engine based on WebKit. It comes with enhanced Speed Dial feature which allows you to group your entries in folders. It also comes with new "Discover" feature which brings you new content with just one click. Opera team has also combined addressbar and searchbar in Opera which makes searching easy and straightforward.
You can download the new version of Opera using following link:
If you want to read the complete changelog, visit following link:
If you don't want to install Opera but want to give it a try, you can check the portable version:
NOTE: Opera team has also introduced release streams for Opera similar to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers:
Opera (Stable) - Released every couple of weeks, this is the most solid version, ready for daily use.
Opera Next - Updated more frequently than Stable, this is the feature-complete candidate for the Stable version. While it should be ready for daily use, you can expect some bugs there.
Opera Developer - A bleeding edge version, you can expect a lot of fancy stuff there; however, some bugs might also appear from time to time.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- MinUI: Mozilla Firefox Add-on to Hide All Toolbars Using Ctrl Key
- How to Remove Fake Antivirus Programs from Windows?
- IconPhile: A Freeware to Change System Icons Easily & Quickly
- Default Programs Editor: Yet Another Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- [Wishlist] Features You Want to See in Next Windows Version
- Windows 8 UI Bug Causes Windows XP Style Classic Balloon Notifications in Taskbar