[Software Update] Opera 31 Now Available for Download
Good news for Opera users! Opera team has released new Opera 31 for Windows, Linux and Mac which comes with following updates:
- Opera 31 starts up to 70% faster than previous versions
- UI improvements to Discover page to make it look-like Bookmark Manager
- Browsing history can now be synced between devices
- Improvements to network installer
- Updated support for the latest Chromium/Blink release, version 44
- Stability enhancements and bug fixes
You can download the new version of Opera using following link:
If you want to read the complete changelog, visit following link:
If you don't want to install Opera but want to give it a try, you can check the portable version:
Lets remind you again that since version 15 release, Opera comes with a new refreshing UI and is based on a new rendering engine based on WebKit. It comes with enhanced Speed Dial feature which allows you to group your entries in folders. It also comes with new "Discover" feature which brings you new content with just one click. Opera team has also combined addressbar and searchbar in Opera which makes searching easy and straightforward.
Following is a list of some important updates and new features introduced in recent Opera versions:
- New Visual Tab Cycler: Opera now switches tabs in chronological order and creates a visual tab cycler using tab previews feature.
- Better Tab Management: Now you can access recently closed, synced and currently running tabs from Tab menu.
- Sidebar Extensions: Now you can install sidebar extensions in Opera such as writing notes, tweet on the go or a dedicated media player.
- Better Bookmarks Management: Now Opera comes with a new Trash folder in Bookmark Manager which allows you to restore accidentally removed bookmarks as well as clear them from your browser.
- Tab Synchronization: Access your currently opened tabs at the same time in your computer as well as Android mobile phone. Sign in using Opera account and it'll automatically show your current tabs on homepage of Opera.
- Keyboard Shortcuts Customization: Now you can change any desired keyboard shortcut using Settings page.
- Bookmark Syncing: Finally the much awaited feature has arrived in Opera. Now you can sync your Opera bookmarks across computers, phones and tablets. [Also Check]
- Tab Previews: A new tab menu on tab bar to find tabs easily and quickly in list view by showing their previews
- Navigation Bar: Pages such as Bookmarks, Speed Dial and Discover, now have a new navigation at bottom of start page (How-to guide to restore previous Speed Dial page and move Navigation Bar to top)
- Share bookmarks: Ability to share bookmarks with others
- Import bookmarks and other data: Now you can import bookmarks, cookies, history and passwords from Opera 12, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari web browsers using "Settings -> Import bookmarks and settings" option (old method)
- Visual Bookmarks: New way to add and organize your favorite websites with thumbnail preview [Also check]
- Built-in PDF Viewer: View documents directly in the browser without installing any extension
- Allows users to show webpage's complete URL in addressbar [Link].
- New Heart menu in combined search and address bar: Allows you to add/remove webpages in Speed Dial, Stash and bookmarks bar.
- New Speed Dial settings: You can change look of Speed Dial entries to big thumbnails or manually customize their height and width.
- Dragable bookmarks: You can drag tabs to bookmarks bar to add them or drag your bookmarks to Speed Dial to create new entries.
You can also check out following exclusive tutorial highlighting new features of Opera:
If you want to disable Trash folder in Bookmarks, sidebar extensions and the new chronological tab switching feature, check out following tutorial:
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Opera web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Vista Skin “Y! Vista Reloaded” for Yahoo! Messenger
- Taskbar Iconizer: Get Windows 7 Look-like Iconized Taskbar Buttons in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Enable New 2-Step Verification Security Mechanism in Google Accounts?
- [Exclusive] Windows 8.1 Features List
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 M3 Starter Kit”
- Which is the Best Web Browser Ever: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome, Safari or Maxthon?