NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Opera web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Good news for Opera users! Opera team has released new Opera 23 for Windows and Mac which comes with following updates:
- New Heart menu in combined search and address bar: Allows you to add/remove webpages in Speed Dial, Stash and bookmarks bar.
- Search boxes have been added to all WebUIs.
- New UI for allowing blocked content in a secure session.
- Includes updates to the latest Chromium/Blink version 36.
Updates in Opera 22:
- New default themes included in the theme manager.
- New silent update mechanism on Windows to keep Opera always up to date.
- Smaller updates to reduce bandwidth usage.
Updates in Opera 21:
- Opera 21 uses Aura technology which hardware-accelerate the entire browser including the user interface.
- Allows users to show webpage's complete URL in addressbar [Link].
- Includes updates to the latest Chromium/Blink version 34.
- Ability to scale with screens that use 200% DPI setting in Windows.
- Displays a broken padlock icon for secure sites that have invalid security certificates.
- Dragable bookmarks: You can drag tabs to bookmarks bar to add them or drag your bookmarks to Speed Dial to create new entries.
- New Speed Dial settings: You can change look of Speed Dial entries to big thumbnails or manually customize their height and width.
- Stability enhancements.
- Performance improvements.
- One-click install functionality for extensions.
- Enhanced support for Chromium extensions.
Check out following exclusive tutorial highlighting all these new features:
Lets remind you again that since version 15 release, Opera comes with a new refreshing UI and is based on a new rendering engine based on WebKit. It comes with enhanced Speed Dial feature which allows you to group your entries in folders. It also comes with new "Discover" feature which brings you new content with just one click. Opera team has also combined addressbar and searchbar in Opera which makes searching easy and straightforward.
You can download it using following link:
If you want to read the complete changelog, visit following link:
If you don't want to install Opera but want to give it a try, you can check the portable version:
NOTE: Opera team has also introduced release streams for Opera similar to Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome web browsers:
Opera (Stable) - Released every couple of weeks, this is the most solid version, ready for daily use.
Opera Next - Updated more frequently than Stable, this is the feature-complete candidate for the Stable version. While it should be ready for daily use, you can expect some bugs there.
Opera Developer - A bleeding edge version, you can expect a lot of fancy stuff there; however, some bugs might also appear from time to time.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Enable Hidden Secret Animation in Windows 7 and Windows 8 Explorer Icon Views
- How to Separate “Devices and Drives” Section in Windows 8.1 Explorer “This PC”?
- [Tips] Tweak Opera Web Browser Settings to Improve Your Privacy
- Download Official Microsoft Brilliant Black Skin for Windows Media Player
- Windows 8.1 = Fix (Windows 8) <=> Windows 7 = Fix (Windows Vista)
- Download Leopard Skin for RK Launcher Dock Utility