[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 41.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Sep 22, 2015: Release of Mozilla Firefox 41.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 41.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Enhanced IME support on Windows Vista and later using TSF (Text Services Framework)
- Now you can set a profile picture for your Firefox Account
- Firefox Hello now includes instant messaging support
- SVG images can be used as favicons
- Improved box-shadow rendering performance
- WebRTC now requires perfect forward secrecy
- WARP is disabled on Windows 7 due to a memory bug
- Updates to image decoding process
- [Fixed] Picture element does not react to resize/viewport changes
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
PS: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check Firefox without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download “Windows Embedded” Theme for Windows XP and Server 2003
- How to Always Start Your Favorite Web Browser in Private Browsing Mode By Default?
- [Tip] Improve Microsoft Office 2013 Performance by Disabling Unnecessary Animations
- Waiting to Download Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2?
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Antivirus and Anti-Spyware Software for Windows
- [Solution] Windows Explorer Folders Pane Grayed Out (Disabled) in Windows 2000, XP and 2003