NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Mozilla has updated its web browser "Firefox" to version 31.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- New search box added to the new tab page (You can disable it using this guide)
- Blocks malware from downloaded files (You can turn this feature off by disabling "Block reported attack sites" option in Preferences window or by setting browser.safebrowsing.malware.enabled preference to false in about:config page)
- Search for partially selected link text from context menu
- mozilla::pkix as default certificate verifier
- .ogg and .pdf files handled by Firefox if no application specified
- WebVTT and CSS3 variables implemented
Note: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
Thanks to our readers TheAslan and Travis McEndree for the update...
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check the new Firefox version without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in this new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Always Show “More Details” in File Transfer (Cut, Copy, Delete) Dialog Box in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Add Your Name in Desktop Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?
- ShadowExplorer: Browse Through Shadow Copies in All Windows Vista Versions
- Download Free e-book “Programming Windows Phone 7″ from Microsoft
- [Tip] How to Install or Test Drive Google Android OS in Your Computer?
- How to Enable Hidden Features (Music, Podcasts, Smart DJ and Social) in Zune Software?