[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 39.0 Now Available for Download
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 39.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Now allows you to share Hello URLs with social networks
- Project Silk: Smoother animation and scrolling on Mac OS X
- SafeBrowsing malware detection lookups now enabled for downloads on Mac OS X and Linux
- Support for new Unicode 8.0 skin tone emoji
- The malware detection service for downloads now covers common Mac file types
- Performance of displaying dashed lines is improved on Mac OS X
- Improve performance for IPv6 fallback to IPv4
- [Fixed] Incomplete downloads being marked as complete by detecting broken HTTP1.1 transfers
- The Security state indicator on a page now correctly ignores loads caused by previous pages
- [Fixed] An issue where a Hello conversation window would sometimes fail to open
- [Fixed] A regression that could lead to Flash not displaying
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
PS: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check Firefox without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista?
- Download Royale Blue, Luna and Zune Remix Themes for Windows 7
- WinUpdatesList: Displays List of All Windows Updates Installed in Your Windows
- Join Us on Social Media
- Download Free “Microsoft Download Manager” from Microsoft
- Speed Up Windows 8 and 8.1 – Master Tutorial to Make Windows 8 and 8.1 Super Fast