NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Mozilla has updated its web browser "Firefox" to version 33.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Improved search experience through the address bar
- Search suggestions on homepage (about:home) and new tab page (about:newtab)
- Improved reliability of the session restoration
- OpenH264 support (sandboxed)
- Windows: OMTC (Off Main Thread Compositing) enabled by default
- New CSP (Content Security Policy) backend
- Support for connecting to HTTP proxy over HTTPS
- Azerbaijani [az] locale added
- [Fixed] Incomplete downloads being marked as complete
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
Thanks to our readers TheAslan and TLM for the update...
Note: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check the new Firefox version without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in this new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Autorun Functionality in Windows Using Registry Editor?
- Microsoft Launches “Ultimate PC” Website to Provide “Ultimate Exclusives” for Windows Vista
- Download Free and Paid Antivirus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall and Other Security Software Using SSDownloader
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Mozilla Thunderbird Window?
- How to Force Enable Snap Feature and Run Metro Apps on Low Screen Resolutions in Windows 8?
- AppRemover: Uninstaller / Removal Tool for All Popular Antivirus Software