[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 50.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Nov 15, 2016: Release of Mozilla Firefox 50.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 50.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- View a page in Reader Mode by using Ctrl+Alt+R keyboard shortcut (Command+Alt+R on Mac)
- New preference under Firefox settings to use Ctrl+Tab keyboard shortcut to cycle through tabs in recently used order
- Added option to Find in page that allows users to limit search to whole words only
- Added Guarani (gn) locale
- Increased availability of WebGL to more than 98 percent of users on Windows 7 and newer
- Added download protection for a large number of executable file types on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Improved performance for SDK extensions or extensions using the SDK module loader
- Playback video on more sites without plugins with WebM EME Support for Widevine on Windows and Mac
- Fixed rendering of dashed and dotted borders with rounded corners (border-radius)
- Added a built-in Emoji set for operating systems without native Emoji fonts (Windows 8.0 and lower and Linux)
- Blocked versions of libavcodec older than 54.35.1
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Select Multiple Tiles and Show Bottom App Bar on Start Screen in Windows 8.1 Update 1?
- Best Free Image Editors and Alternatives to Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop
- How to Fix Start Menu Text or Icon Cut-off Problem in Windows XP 3rd Party Themes?
- How to Open Mozilla Firefox Searchbox Results in New Tab?
- Collection of Boot Screens of All Windows Versions from Windows 1.0 to Windows 7
- Get Windows Vista DreamScene Feature in Linux