[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 51.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Jan 25, 2017: Release of Mozilla Firefox 51.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 51.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Users can now view passwords in the save password prompt before saving them
- Addition of a zoom button in the URL bar
- Firefox will now save passwords even in forms that do not have "submit" events
- A warning is displayed when a login page does not have a secure connection
- Improved video performance for users without GPU acceleration for less CPU usage and a better full screen experience
- Added support for FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) playback
- Added support for WebGL 2, with advanced graphics rendering features like transform feedback, improved texturing capabilities, and a new sophisticated shading language
- Added Georgian (ka) and Kabyle (kab) locales
- An even faster E10s, Tab Switching is better
- Improved reliability of browser data sync
- Remove Belarusian (be) locale
- Use 2D graphics library (Skia) for content rendering on Linux
- Re-enabled E10s support for Russian (ru) locale
- Updated to NSS 3.28.1
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Enable Automatic Bookmarks Backup in Mozilla Firefox at Exit
- What is the Use of USB Port in Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon and Other DTH Set Top Box?
- Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511) Changelog
- WEI Share: Share Your Windows 7 “Windows Experience Index” Score with World
- Registry Tweak to Decrease Window Border Size and Padding in Windows 8 and Later
- Transform Windows into MacOS Sierra Using Customization Pack