[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 44.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Jan 26, 2016: Release of Mozilla Firefox 44.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 44.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- [Fixed] Windows XP and Vista screensaver doesn't disable when watching videos
- On-screen keyboard support temporarily turned off for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Improved warning pages for certificate errors and untrusted connections
- Enable H.264 if system decoder is available
- Enable WebM/VP9 video support on systems that don't support MP4/H.264
- Support the brotli compression format via HTTPS content-encoding
- Screenshot commands allow user choice of pixel ratio in Developer Tools
- To support unicode-range descriptor for webfonts, font matching under Linux now uses the same font matching code as other platforms
- Use a SHA-256 signing certificate for Windows builds, to meet new signing requirements
- Firefox has removed support for the RC4 decipher
- Stricter validation of web fonts
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
- Various security fixes
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 Will Come with Hyper-V, Microsoft Confirms
- How to Disable Alphabetical Sorting and Manually Change Order of Start Menu Programs List in Windows 7?
- How to Enable Missing Hibernate Option in Windows Start Menu?
- [Bug] Google Chrome Showing Thin Black Bar at Bottom of Window
- List of Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows and Linux
- [Tip] Disallow Secret “Customer Experience Improvement Program” (CEIP) from Collecting Information in Windows