[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 47.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on June 07, 2016: Release of Mozilla Firefox 47.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 47.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Support for Google's Widevine CDM on Windows and Mac OS X so streaming services like Amazon Video can switch from Silverlight to encrypted HTML5 video
- Enable VP9 video codec for users with fast machines
- Embedded YouTube videos now play with HTML5 video if Flash is not installed
- View and search open tabs from your smartphone or another computer in a sidebar
- Allow no-cache on back/forward navigations for https resources
- Latgalu [ltg] locale added
- FUEL (Firefox User Extension Library) has been removed. Add-ons relying on it will stop working
- The browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand preference has been reset to its default value (true) to avoid e10s performance problems
- The Firefox click-to-activate plugin whitelist has been removed
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Can’t Open Bing, MSN, Outlook or Other Microsoft Websites in Windows 10
- What are the Benefits of Windows Live ID Integration in Windows 8?
- [Tip] Access Hidden Secret Configuration Page in Your Web Browser
- How to Change or Create Boot Screen in Windows using TuneUp Utilities
- How to Fix Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) Stuck at First Run Welcome Page?
- Windows 8 Gets New Metro Style Logo, Goodbye Windows Flag