[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 53.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Apr 19, 2017: Release of Mozilla Firefox 53.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 53.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Two new themes: Compact Dark and Compact Light [More Info]
- Lightweight themes are now applied in private browsing windows
- Reader Mode now displays estimated reading time for the page
- Windows 7 and later users on 64-bit OS can select 32-bit or 64-bit versions in the stub installer
- Updated the design of site permission requests to make them harder to miss and easier to understand
- New visual design for audio and video controls
- The last few characters of shortened tab titles fade out instead of being replaced by ellipses to keep more of the title visible
- Improved graphics stability for Windows users with the addition of compositor process separation (Quantum Compositor)
- Windows XP and Vista are no longer supported. XP and Vista users running Firefox 52 will continue to receive security updates on Firefox ESR 52.
- 32-bit Mac OS X is no longer supported. 32-bit Mac OS X users can switch to Firefox ESR 52 to continue receiving security updates.
- Updates for Mac OS X are smaller in size compared to updates for Firefox 52
- Ended Firefox Linux support for processors older than Pentium 4 and AMD Opteron
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Convert MP3, Wav and Other Media Files into AAC or M4A Formats Using iTunes
- Coolbarz: Freeware to Get Good Old Desktop Toolbar (Deskbar) Feature Back in Windows 7
- How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of Opera Browser and Opera Mail for USB Drives
- Things You Should Know and Do Before Upgrading to Windows 10
- Freeware to Show Christmas Tree on Your Windows Desktop