[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 49.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Sep 20, 2016: Release of Mozilla Firefox 49.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 49.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Updated Firefox Login Manager to allow HTTPS pages to use saved HTTP logins
- Improvements to Reader Mode for making it easier on the eyes and ears
- Improved video performance for users on systems that support SSSE3 without hardware acceleration
- Enhancements for Mac users
- Improvements in about:memory reports for tracking font memory usage
- Improved performance on Windows systems without hardware acceleration
- Ended Firefox for Mac support for OS X 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8
- Ended Firefox for Windows support for SSE processors
- Removed Firefox Hello feature
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [FIX] Open, Edit and Print Context Menu Items Missing in Windows 7 When 15+ Files Selected
- [Fix] “Windows cannot Change the Password” Error Message in User Accounts in Control Panel
- Get Windows 7 CAD (Ctrl+Alt+Del) Screen in Windows XP
- How to Enable Brand New “New Tab” Page in Mozilla Firefox Nightly Build?
- [News] Google Announces Android 4.4 “KitKat”, Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices and Services Business
- Hidden Secret Easter Eggs in Google Search