[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 52.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Mar 07, 2017: Release of Mozilla Firefox 52.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 52.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Removed support for Netscape Plugin API (NPAPI) plugins other than Flash. Silverlight, Java, Acrobat and the like are no longer supported. [Check this guide to bring back the support]
- Enabled multi-process Firefox for Windows users with touch screens.
- Enhanced Sync to allow users to send and open tabs from one device to another.
- Improved experience for downloads including notification in the toolbar when a download fails, quick access to five most recent downloads rather than three, larger buttons for canceling and restarting downloads.
- Improved text input for third-party keyboard layouts on Windows.
- Added user warnings for non-secure HTTP pages with logins. Firefox now displays a "This connection is not secure" message when users click into the username and password fields on pages that don't use HTTPS.
- Implemented the Strict Secure Cookies specification which forbids insecure HTTP sites from setting cookies with the "secure" attribute.
- Removed Battery Status API to reduce fingerprinting of users by trackers.
- Migrated Firefox users on Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems to the extended support release (ESR) version of Firefox.
- When not using Direct2D on Windows, Skia is used for content rendering.
- Added support for WebAssembly.
- Added automatic captive portal detection for easier access to Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
You can download the new Firefox version including 64-bit build using following link:
You can get more details about new features in Firefox in our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to test drive Firefox web browser without installing it in your computer, you can try its portable version.
If any of your favorite extensions stops working in newer versions of Firefox, you can follow instructions given here to fix the issue and make them compatible again.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
With the release of Firefox 43.0, Mozilla has added a new feature to the web browser which is called "Search Suggestions". This feature automatically shows suggestions in the addressbar whenever you type some text in Firefox addressbar. You disable these search suggestions in addressbar results with the help of following tutorial:
Also if you want to remove the new "Search With Google" and "Visit Website" options from Firefox addressbar results, check out following tutorial:
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, following tutorial will help you in getting classic UI and restoring all classic features such as old search box, add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc in Firefox newer versions:
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Fix “This Page has been Translated” Pop-up Message in Google Chrome by Disabling Automatic Translation Feature
- Add-on to Automatically Save and Recover Lost Form Data in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- How to Change or Customize Start Button Text in Windows Using Resource Hacker?
- BatteryInfoView: Free Utility to Show Status and Information About Laptop and Netbook Battery
- [Tip] How to Check Running Apps List in Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Later Versions
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack