NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Mozilla has updated its web browser "Firefox" to version 34.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Improved Search bar interface (en-US only) (check UPDATE 75) (How-to disable instructions)
- New Firefox Hello real-time communication client (check UPDATE 74)
- New option to change Firefox themes/personas directly in Customizing mode (check UPDATE 71)
- Fixed: "Firefox is already running but not responding" message box in Windows
- Default search engine changed to Yahoo! for North America
- Default search engine changed to Yandex for Belarusian, Kazakh, and Russian locales
- Wikipedia search now uses HTTPS for secure searching (en-US only)
- Various security fixes
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
Thanks to our reader Mirul for the update...
Note: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check the new Firefox version without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in this new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Set Restrictions in Mozilla Firefox? Restrict Downloads, Adding Bookmarks, Add-ons, Changing Options, etc
- Create New Yahoo! E-Mail ID at YMail.com and RocketMail.com Domains for Free
- Ninite: Create a Single Unattended Installer for All of Your Favorite Software
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Border Skin, ViStart Skin and Common Tasks for Windows XP
- How to Add “Defragment” Option in Drive Context Menu in Windows
- What Happened to the Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?