[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 40.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Aug 12, 2015: Release of Mozilla Firefox 40.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 40.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Optimized for Windows 10 operating system (Check this)
- Additional protection against unwanted software downloads
- Improved UI for Add-ons Manager or about:addons page (check UPDATE 79)
- New suggested tiles in "New Tab" page (en-US only) (check UPDATE 68)
- Some UI tweaks such as Blue circle animation instead of Green on tabs loading
- Improved scrolling, graphics and video playback performance (GNU/Linux only)
- Add-on extensions that are not signed by Mozilla will display a warning
- Smoother animation and scrolling with hardware vsync (Windows only)
- JPEG images use less memory when scaled and can be painted faster
- Fixed: Kannada text does not display properly in built-in PDF viewer
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
Thanks to our reader "sebaz_ri" for the update...
PS: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check Firefox without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get 200GB of Free OneDrive Storage Using Bing Rewards and Dropbox Account
- How to Fix Explorer Freezing Problem with Large Zip Files in Windows Vista?
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Microsoft Internet Explorer to Fix Font Problem?
- [Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
- How to Enable Hidden Features (Music, Podcasts, Smart DJ and Social) in Zune Software?
- Download Windows XP and Windows 7 Look-Like Linux Distributions