[Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 42.0 Now Available for Download
UPDATED on Nov 03, 2015: Release of Mozilla Firefox 42.0 version.
Mozilla has updated "Firefox" web browser to version 42.0. It comes with following new features and updates:
- Audio indicators added to tabs that play audio with one-click muting option
- Addition of Tracking Protection feature in Private Browsing mode
- New Control Center that contains website security and privacy controls
- Website HTML source code now opens in new tab instead of new window
- Improved performance on interactive websites that trigger a lot of restyles
- Login Manager improvements
- WebRTC improvements
- Various security fixes
- HTML5 improvements
- Developer improvements
If you want to disable add-on signature check, suggested website tiles on New Tab page and automatic website blocking in Firefox, check out following tutorial:
You can download the new Firefox version using following link:
PS: Mozilla was going to release a special Metro version of Firefox browser for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 with 28.0 version release but the company has stopped working on it for the moment. The decision was taken due to very less number of users of Firefox Metro beta version in comparison of Firefox Desktop beta version.
NOTE: This article is updated whenever a new version of Mozilla Firefox web browser is released. So keep checking this page regularly.
Some Useful Firefox Tips for Our Readers
If you don't like the new Australis UI and want to bring classic theme back, this tutorial will help you. The same tutorial will also help you in enabling removed features such as add-on bar, tabs on bottom, orange Firefox button etc.
Don't forget to check this hidden Easter egg "Unicorn" present in Firefox Australis UI.
If you want to read more details about new features in this new version, take a look at our exclusive Nightly update topic.
If you want to check Firefox without installing it in your system, check out its portable version.
If your favorite extensions are not working in new version, you can follow instructions given here.
Also take a look at following interesting topics about Firefox:
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Ultimate Collection of Best "about:config" Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- YouTube Tests New Design “Cosmic Panda” for Videos, Playlists and Channels, Try NOW
- [Bug] Taskbar Context Menu won’t Close in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- How to Fix Broken Incompatible Extensions in Mozilla Firefox and Make Them Compatible With Newer Versions?
- How to Pin Any File, Folder or Program Shortcut to Start Screen in Windows 8 and Later?
- How to Customize Power Button Action in Windows 7 Start Menu?
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Calculator in Windows XP and Vista