Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15042 for PC Available for Download
UPDATED on Feb 24, 2017: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 15042 for PC.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) in your computer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released a new update Build 15042 of Windows 10 to public which comes with many new features, bug fixes and improvements. This is the 21st Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after the Anniversary Update build 14393. This new build also comes via new "RS2" (RedStone2) development branch.
This build contains improvements, fixes and many new features which will be a part of the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update build.
Also Check: Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds Changelog
- New Cortana animation in OOBE screen
- Now Microsoft Edge shows notification in URL bar if flash contents are blocked on a website
- Improvements to reading experience in Microsoft Edge
- The new Share icon is now visible in Microsoft Edge and the Windows Ink Workspace Sketchpad and Screen Sketch
- If you right-click an app suggestion in Share, you'll now find a context menu option to turn them off
- The night light on/off animation's duration has been increased to 2 minutes
HOW TO INSTALL:
The new build is available for download via Windows Update, so it'll be automatically downloaded and installed in all computers running Windows 10 Insider Preview soon.
If you want to manually download and install the new build ASAP, you can do this using following simple steps:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu.
2. Click on Update and security icon.
3. Once you open Windows Update section, it'll automatically start checking for new builds. Otherwise you can click on "Check for updates" button.
4. Click on "Download now" button to start downloading the new update build of Windows 10.
After downloading the build, your computer will automatically restart to install the new update.
The download size will be around 2 or 3 GB depending upon the computer architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and system language.
PS: If you can't find the new build on Windows Update, following tutorial will help you:
If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of this new build for clean installation, you'll need to wait. In the meantime, you can download offline ISO files of build 15025 from following topic:
Windows 10 users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 Volume Control Box in Windows XP
- Visual Subst: Automatically Create Virtual Drives for Your Desired Folder in Windows Explorer
- Windows 8 Allows You to Change Custom Library Icon
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Windows Media Player (WMP) in Windows XP and Vista
- 7-Zip Theme Manager: Free Portable Tool to Customize 7-Zip Toolbar Theme and Filetype Icons
- How to Customize Default Places Bar in Windows Common File Dialog Box?