Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14931 for PC Available for Download
UPDATED on Sep 21, 2016: Release of Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14931 for PC.
If you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview (previously known as Technical Preview) in your computer, here is a good news for you.
Microsoft has released a new update Build 14931 of Windows 10 to public which comes with many bug fixes and improvements. This is the 5th Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after the Anniversary Update build 14393. This new build also comes via new "RS2" (RedStone2) development branch.
This build contains improvements, fixes and some new features.
Also Check: Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds Changelog
WHAT'S NEW & FIXED:
- Improvements to Feedback Hub app including addition of new dark theme and settings page
- Improvements to Maps and Skype apps
- Native support for USB Audio 2.0 devices with an inbox class driver
- Fixed the issue causing people to experience a black screen when signing out and switching to another user account and unable to log in to that account
- Fixed the issue causing the built-in Windows 10 apps such as Calculator, Alarms & Clock, and Voice Recorder to not work after updating to a new build
- While using Narrator and Groove Music, if you navigate to the progress bar while a song is playing then Narrator will continually speak the progress of the song e.g. update with the current time of the progress bar every second. The result is you will be unable to listen to the song or hear any other control you navigate to.
- Oracle VM VirtualBox will crash on launch after upgrading to this build.
- Optional components may not work after upgrading to this build. To get it working again, go to "Turn Windows features on or off", scroll down and check the right optional component and click ok. After a reboot, the optional component will be enabled again.
- For keyboard users, using tab to navigate the Settings app will not work in this build. The arrow keys should work as a temporary workaround.
- Tencent apps and games will cause your PC to bugcheck (bluescreen).
HOW TO INSTALL:
The new build is available for download via Windows Update, so it'll be automatically downloaded and installed in all computers running Windows 10 Insider Preview soon.
If you want to manually download and install the new build ASAP, you can do this using following simple steps:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu.
2. Click on Update and security icon.
3. Once you open Windows Update section, it'll automatically start checking for new builds. Otherwise you can click on "Check for updates" button.
4. Click on "Download now" button to start downloading the new update build of Windows 10.
After downloading the build, your computer will automatically restart to install the new update.
The download size will be around 2 or 3 GB depending upon the computer architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) and system language.
PS: If you can't find the new build on Windows Update, following tutorial will help you:
If you want to download standalone offline ISO file of this new build for clean installation, you'll need to wait. In the meantime, you can download build 14393 offline ISO files from following topic:
Windows 10 users who are using the Insider Preview build, must install this new update build to experience the new features and more stability...
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable or Change Background Image of Windows 10 Login Screen
- How to Add or Remove Options from Context Menus in Windows
- TaskbarEx: Move, Rearrange and Detach Taskbar Buttons in Windows XP
- Mozilla Introduces New “Online Installer” (Stub Installer) for Firefox Web Browser
- How to Fix Old Classic Context Menu Problem in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Enable New “Compact Navigation” Feature in Google Chrome? Make Toolbar and Addressbar Auto-Hidden