[Fix] “Local Area Connection, Ethernet or Wi-Fi doesn’t have a Valid IP Configuration” Error Message in Windows
This is a very popular and known issue in Windows operating system. Many times Windows users face this problem when they try to connect to a Wi-Fi network or a local area network connection (Ethernet). They receive following error message while troubleshooting the issue:
Local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
Wireless network connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
You may also get "Limited Connectivity", "No Internet Access" or similar error messages while trying to connect to Wi-Fi network or LAN connection. Sometimes you may see yellow triangle with exclamation mark or other symbols on Network icon in Taskbar notification area.
Most of the times such kind of problems and error messages occur due to corrupted TCP/IP settings and resetting TCP/IP settings fixes this issue.
If you are also facing this annoying issue, you can try following steps to fix the issue:
1. Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run following commands one by one:
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
2. Restart your computer and after reboot, the problem should be resolved. Now you should be able to get full Internet connectivity without any problem.
PS: Windows 10 users can also take help of built-in "Network Reset" feature to fix network connection issues:
You can also try to apply custom DNS settings using the steps given in following tutorial:
Sometimes your antivirus software or Internet security suite might also cause such kind of problems. You can try to temporary disable their protection and check whether it fixes the issue. If your security program is causing this issue, you can try a different security program as given in following article:
Also check out following similar troubleshooting articles to fix Internet connection issues:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
- Windows 10 Mobile RTM Now Available for Windows Phone 8.1 Devices
- [Fix] Google Chrome Showing XP Style Classic Blue Titlebar in Windows Vista, Not Using Aero Glass Theme
- How to Disable Default “Quick Access” aka “Home View” in Windows 10 File Explorer?
- Customize Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Library Background Image in Windows 7
- Download Free Windows 8.1 RTM 90-day Trial Version