Recently we shared 2 freeware MetroController and Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle for Windows 8 Developer Preview. Both these free software allow you to disable new Start Screen and Explorer Ribbon in Windows 8 and also allow you to enable missing old Start menu in Windows 8.
Today we are going to share another free portable utility for Windows 8 called "Metro UI Tweaker". This new tool allows you to:
- Disable new Start Screen in Windows 8
- Disable Explorer Ribbon
- Disable both Start Screen and Explorer Ribbon
- Add power buttons like log off, restart, shut down, etc to Start Screen
- Add new files and programs to Start Screen
Its very simple to use tool and doesn't need to install. Simply extract the downloaded ZIP file and run the EXE file.
We advise you to create a system restore point before using this tool as it modifies system files.
This tool works in both 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 8.
It seems the tool no longer works in new Windows 8 Consumer Preview build. You can visit following tutorials to enable Start Menu, disable ribbon UI in Windows 8 Explorer:
- Remove Ribbon UI from Windows 8 Explorer without Breaking Paint and WordPad Apps
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Preview Pane” Button from Command Bar in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- Bins: Taskbar Organizer for Windows 7, Download Beta FREE
- How to Remove Fake Antivirus Programs from Windows?
- How to Import (Restore) All Tasks in Bulk Using Task Scheduler in Windows?
- [Tip] Tweak and Customize Windows 8 Task Manager Functionality
- 3 Things You Should Know Before Downloading Windows 7 RC Build