As we all know "Windows 7" comes with new Superbar (redesigned Taskbar) which shows Date along with Time in system tray. Earlier we mentioned that you can even customize the date and time format and can show AM/PM symbols, Day and Month names:
But it was only applicable in Windows 7, then what about Windows XP and Vista users?
No need to worry. "TClock" is a very small and portable utility which can be customized to show the Windows 7 look-a-like Date and Time in Windows XP and Vista.
Actually its an application to customize system tray clock format. You can show whatever you want. You can customize AM/PM symbols, date and time format.
Following are some screenshots taken from Windows XP, Vista and 7 showing TClock in action:
As you can see, we can show both Date and Time (even Day and Month names) using TClock. You can customize its properties by right-click on system tray clock and select "TClock Properties".
As you can see in above screenshot, you can even access "Task Manager" and "Taskbar Properties" from its context menu.
Once you enter TClock Properties, you can change various options like:
- Changing clock font and color
- Its size and position
- Date and Time format
- You can even set alarms
To show date and time, just use the string shown in the above screenshot. You can get more information about the format from following topic:
"TClock" also allows Windows XP users to hide Start button, rename Start button, opening Start Menu from system tray.
You can also set Transparency for Start Menu and Taskbar and it works even in Windows 7.
So its a small but highly customizable application for Windows users.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [FakeSysdef] System Defragmenter aka Scan Disk aka Check Disk, A New Malware in Town
- Get Windows Vista Style System Properties in Windows XP
- How to Get Classic Old Interface Back in Google Search Pages?
- [Tip] Disable Startup and Exit Sounds in Skype, Also Make Skype Look-Like a Messenger
- StandaloneStack 2: Get Leopard Stacks in Taskbar and Desktop in Windows XP and Vista
- Download Simple Patch to Enable Aero Glass Transparency and Personalization Features in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter Editions