OEM Configurator 2.0: Free Portable Utility to Customize OEM Information and Logo in System Properties of Windows
UPDATE: New version 2.0 released which comes with support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Now Windows XP users can also enjoy this tool. The tool now also supports 64-bit Windows editions in this new version.
Long time back we posted tutorials for customizing System Properties window in Windows XP, Vista and 7:
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties of Windows Vista and 7
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) and Logo in System Properties of Windows XP
The above tutorials inspired our reader "Hackerpunk1" and he created an awesome portable utility "OEM Configurator" which allows you to customize Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 System Properties window look without any manual registry editing. You just need to enter desired text and select desired logo file and it'll do the rest automatically.
It also allows you to customize and change various items in System Properties window like Owner name, processor name, product ID, etc. Many times when we share our System Properties screenshot with others, we hide product ID from others. Now no need to do this. You can set any desired text string or numbers as Product ID using this tool. Don't worry! It'll not change the actual product ID in your system. It'll just replace the text which is shown in System Properties window.
Following is a result of the output which you can get with the help of this awesome little tool. You can see extra entries like Manufacturer, Model, Phone number, Support hours, Website and logo in right-side in System Properties window:
You can download it using following link:
PS: You'll need Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher to use it.
NOTE: Some new and not very popular security software might show malware warning message when you try to download or run this software. Please ignore the message, its a false positive. Since this tool tries to modify Windows Registry, the security software incorrectly detects it as suspicious item. The software is absolutely safe to use.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Show Day and Month Names in System Tray Date in Windows 7 and Later
- Minimize Windows as Thumbnails on Desktop Instead of Taskbar using miniMIZE
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows
- Create Shortcut to Kill All Not Responding Programs on the Fly in Windows
- Add Your Favorite Program Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- Download Clean and Minimal Newspaper Skin for FeedDemon RSS Reader