OEM Configurator: Portable Utility to Customize OEM Information and Logo in System Properties of Windows
UPDATE: New version 2.0 released which comes with support for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Now Windows XP users can also enjoy this tool. The tool now also supports 64-bit Windows editions in this new version.
Long time back we shared tutorials for configuring System Properties window in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7:
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties of Windows Vista and 7
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) and Logo in System Properties of Windows XP
With the help of the above mentioned tutorials, our reader "Hackerpunk1" developed a free portable utility called "OEM Configurator" which will allow you to customize Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 and Windows 8.1 System Properties window look without modifying Windows registry manually. You just need to enter desired text and select desired logo file and it'll do the rest automatically.
It also allows you to customize and change various items in System Properties window like Owner name, processor name, product ID, etc. Many times when we share our System Properties screenshot with others, we hide product ID from others. Now no need to do this. You can set any desired text string or numbers as Product ID using this tool. Don't worry! It'll not change the actual product ID in your system. It'll just replace the text which is shown in System Properties window.
Following is a result of the output which you can get with the help of this awesome little tool. You can see extra entries like Manufacturer, Model, Phone number, Support hours, Website and logo in right-side in System Properties window:
You can download it using following link:
PS: You'll need Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or higher to use it.
NOTE: Some new and not very popular security software might show malware warning message when you try to download or run this software. Please ignore the message, its a false positive. Since this tool tries to modify Windows Registry, the security software incorrectly detects it as suspicious item. The software is absolutely safe to use.
Also check out another similar tool released by us:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Exclusive AskVG and VistaVG Wallpapers for Your Desktop
- [Fix] SSL Error or Invalid Security Certificate Problem While Opening Facebook or Other Websites
- Kludget Engine: Free Utility to Use Mac OS Dashboard Widgets on Windows and Linux Desktop
- [Tip] Organize Windows 8 Start Screen Tiles in Groups and Name These Groups
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Desktop Wallpaper in Windows?
- Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) Coming on August 2