"Hardware Acceleration" (GPU Rendering) is one of the newly introduced feature of Mozilla Firefox 4.0. It was introduced to increase performance but some Firefox users might want to disable it as the text might not look well on their screens.
If you also want to disable Hardware Acceleration feature in Firefox, following trick will help you:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the orange Firefox button and select "Options".
2. Go to "Advanced" tab and disable "Use hardware acceleration when available" option.
3. Click on OK button and restart the browser.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Full Row Select Feature, Enable Column Header in All Views and Enable Icon Reordering in Windows 7 Explorer?
- Fix Problems While Installing or Upgrading to Windows 8.1
- Open in Regedit: Open Registry Keys Directly from Mozilla Firefox
- [Fix] Microsoft Word Always Shows “[Compatibility Mode]” Text in Titlebar
- [Fix] Bold, Blurry or Hard to Read Font Problem in Windows 8.1
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) to Fix Font Problem?