NTLite: Ultimate Tool to Tweak and Customize Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Installation
UPDATE: The first beta version of popular nLite tool for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 has been released. It has been labeled as NTLite and available for download to public.
Do you remember the good old days of Windows XP when you used to customize Windows XP setup ISO using nLite? nLite is one of the best and most popular Windows installation customization software which allows you to remove unwanted components from Windows setup, integrate device drivers, hotfixes and service packs in Windows setup and create unattended and bootable setup ISO of Windows OS so that you don't need to enter anything while installing Windows in computers.
With the help of nLite, users were able to decrease the size of setup ISO of Windows by deleting unnecessary Windows features and drivers which indirectly used to make installed Windows faster as less services were running in background.
But nLite was only available for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. The developer also released a separate version of this software called "vLite" to customize Windows Vista setup ISO.
Interested readers can read more about nLite and vLite at following links:
- nLite: Freeware to Create Unattended Setup ISO of Windows XP
- vLite: Freeware to Create Unattended Setup ISO of Windows Vista
Unfortunately the developer stopped developing nLite and it was never updated to include support for Windows 7 and later versions of Windows OS. In the meantime a few other freeware such as 7Customizer were released by some people to customize Windows 7 setup ISO which provided similar features as nLite.
Now its time to share some good news! "nuhi", the developer of nLite and vLite, has started working on a special version of nLite again. He is developing a new tool NTLite which supports Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
With the help of this new tool, users can customize Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 setup ISO to remove unwanted components, slipstream service packs, updates and drivers, include Registry tweaks, create unattended and bootable ISO and much more.
- Live install modification feature to customize already running Windows setup
- Unwanted Windows components removal
- Enable/disable default Windows features (the same as "Turn Windows features on or off")
- Hardware targeting to find missing drivers for your computer
- Drivers, updates, hotfixes and language packs integration
- Windows tweaks integration
- Automated deployment to create unattended installation disc
- Pending changes overview to review your changes before creating setup disc
You can download NTLite using following link:
Both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows editions are supported.
NTLite is available in 2 versions: Basic and Professional. Basic version is free to download and use but Professional version is not free. You can purchase Professional version for $45 which comes with some extra features such as live install modifications, full component removal, automatic filling of host machine data, etc.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] “The AC Power Adapter Type is Incorrect or Cannot be Determined” Warning Message at Startup in Laptops
- How to Check Which Version of Microsoft .NET Framework is Installed in Windows?
- Right Click Context Menu Adder: Freeware to Add Useful Shortcuts in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- How to Remove or Disable “Java Console” Option in Internet Explorer’s View Menu?
- [FIX] Error Message “0x80070424” Received in Windows Update or Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
- Microsoft Talks About Windows 8 Metro UI and Desktop, Two Interfaces in One OS