Windows 8.1 November Update Rollup (aka Update 3) Now Available for Download
Many people think that Microsoft will keep releasing update packs for Windows 8.1 similar to Update 1 but unfortunately they are wrong. We have already told you in past that Microsoft will no longer release such kind of major update packs such as update 2, update 3, etc for Windows 8.1 operating system. Instead they'll release smaller update packs or update rollups as a part of their Patch Tuesday program for Windows 8.1.
Following the decision, Microsoft released August Update for Windows 8.1 which was considered as Update 2.
Now again Microsoft has released November Update Rollup for Windows 8.1 which can be assumed as Update 3 or service pack 3, etc. It doesn't matter whether its a simple update or a major update, the important thing is that every Windows 8.1 user should install it as it provides various fixes and improvements.
The new November update rollup contains many issue fixes and performance and reliability improvements. It also includes all previous updates since the last update released in April 2014.
November update rollup includes following new features and improvements:
- Support for newer hardware (boot order allowance, SD card improvements, USB debugging)
- Additional hardware support (devices that have third-party disk encryption software enabled can now be upgraded to Windows 8.1 more easily)
- Improved Web Services for Devices (WSD) printer support during network switches
- Refreshed language packs
- Performance and reliability improvements in clustered virtual machine mission-critical environments
- Improved manageability
- Defence-in-depth security and Schannel hardening
This update also fixes following annoying issues reported by users:
- "0x0000009F" Stop error when you connect a dock or a keyboard to a device in Windows RT 8.1
- Excel freezes for a short time when you open an Excel workbook on a network share in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- Bluetooth device cannot reconnect to the computer in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- You cannot print an A3 size document in Windows 8.1 or Windows 7
- You cannot eject media or "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon does not appear
- You encounter some OneDrive issues in Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- New page cannot be displayed in OneNote app in Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1
- Some MOV files cannot be played in Windows 8.1
- Update to support AAC and LATM format audios in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- Update to support UHS-1 SD cards in Windows 8.1
- Update for MPEG4 parser to support YouTube DRM playback in Internet Explorer 11
- Windows Hyper-V improvement for Linux virtual machines that have file systems that are larger than 2 TB
- You cannot perform token-based activation in Windows 8.1
- You cannot connect to WSD printers if your network profile is set to public
- You cannot open the Windows Store without an Internet connection
- You receive User Account Control dialog box unexpectedly in Network
- "0x0000009F" Stop error when you put the computer in sleep mode or hibernation
- Shortcut menu does not appear when you right-click Start
- Start screen can be customized unexpectedly after you apply update 2919355 on a Windows 8.1 Pro-based computer
- Notification dialog boxes are not high-DPI aware on a high-DPI device
- Application crashes when you input text at the beginning of multiple lines
- Miracast display resolution changes after you shut down and then restart a Windows 8.1-based computer
- The system does not enter Connected Standby after you install update 2996799 in Windows 8.1
- Solid lines instead of dotted lines are printed in Windows 8.1
- Memory usage becomes high when you run an application in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
- Screen flickers when you close a window in Windows 8.1 or Windows Server 2012 R2
November update is already available via Windows Update. If you want to download the update directly from Microsoft servers for offline use, you can download it using following links:
Following update files are available for download on each page:
- Windows8.1-KB3016437.msu (for Windows Server 2012 R2 only)
You need to download and install all of them.
Prerequisite: Please note that the KB2919355 update (aka Update 1) must be installed on your computer to be able to install November update.
Windows RT 8.1 users will need to download the update only from Windows Update.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix Annoying Folder View Type Change Problem in Windows
- ViCon Remastered: Get Windows Vista and 7’s Desktop Icon Mouse Hover Effect in Windows XP
- Windows 7 Allows You to Remove IE, WMP and Many Other Windows Components
- BatteryInfoView: Free Utility to Show Status and Information About Laptop and Netbook Battery
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Download Windows 8 Lock Screen Style Metro Clock Screensaver