[Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature
Almost all modern web browsers come with "Hardware Acceleration" feature which is also known as "GPU Rendering". This new feature was introduced to improve program performance. It uses GPU acceleration to boost overall performance of the program.
Unfortunately hardware acceleration feature causes many problems to users. We have seen in past that this feature has troubled various Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox users who faced blurred and hard to read text problem while using these programs.
Now a new problem has been found in hardware acceleration feature while using Mozilla Firefox web browser. By default hardware acceleration feature comes enabled in Firefox which increases Firefox loading time. Many Firefox users including me have faced this problem. When you start Mozilla Firefox, it takes a lot of time (approx. 9-10 seconds) in startup. I tried with a clean installation of Windows as well as Mozilla Firefox but same result.
There were no add-ons, plugins or themes installed in Firefox but still it was taking lot of time in loading. Finally I tried to disable hardware acceleration feature and surprisingly it worked. Disabling hardware acceleration feature reduced Firefox loading time and it loaded instantly.
If you are also facing long loading time problem in Mozilla Firefox and if you want to speed up its startup time, you just need to disable hardware acceleration feature in Firefox.
If you don't know how to do this, check out following tutorial which tells you how to disable hardware acceleration feature in Mozilla Firefox:
You can also make Firefox load faster by disabling or uninstalling unnecessary extensions, themes and plugins. Also set Firefox homepage to about:blank.
Give it a try and let us know your feedback in your comment...
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Windows 8 Not Available for Download or Purchase in Your Country or Region
- Download Exclusive AskVG and VistaVG Wallpapers for Your Desktop
- [Fix] Performance Information and Tools (aka Windows Experience Index) Page Shows Empty in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Disable Protected View in Microsoft Office While Opening Email Attachments or Downloaded Files?
- [Fix] “Do You Want to Open This File?” Security Warning While Opening Start Menu or Taskbar Shortcuts in Windows
- [Tip] Remove Shadow Effect from Window Borders in Windows 10