Recently we posted a few tutorials to add some useful options in Desktop context menu:
- Create Simple Script to Close and Restart Explorer Automatically in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Add "Restart Explorer" Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu under Windows Vista and 7
- Add "Restart uxsms" Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu under Windows Vista and 7
- Kill All Not Responding Programs On The Fly Using A Simple Shortcut
- How to Add "Kill Not Responding Tasks" in Desktop Context Menu Under Windows Vista and 7
The above tutorials inspired our reader "Masroor Aijaz aka JX Great" and he created an awesome app "Restarter".
"Restarter" is a very small and portable utility which sits in system tray and allows you to directly "Restart Explorer", "Restart uxsms Service" and "Kill Not Responding Tasks" using its context menu.
As a bonus, it also allows you to start a few useful Windows utilities: Task Manager, Calculator and Notepad.
You can also log off, restart and shut down your system using it.
Simply click on it or right-click on it and select the desired option.
It also allows you to add it to Startup.