PlacesBar Editor: Customize Default Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Windows and Office
Recently I blogged about how to customize default places bar in common file dialog box in Windows as well as Microsoft Office applications manually:
- How to Customize Default Places Bar in Windows Common File Dialog Box?
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office?
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
Now I'm sharing a small and very useful tool "PlacesBar Editor" which can do the whole job quickly and easily.
PlacesBar Editor is a software program that fills a need Microsoft left behind. Windows 2000/ME/XP/Vista and Office dialogs have 5 buttons on the left hand Outlook-style bar known as the PlacesBar. This utility allows you to change them to be any folder you want.
The interface is very simple and easy to use. It has 2 tabs: Windows and Office which helps in customizing the default places.
Just change their values according to your requirement and click on "Save" button in toolbar. You can even test the customization by clicking on "Test" button in toolbar.
If you want to restore default places, click on "Defaults" button in the toolbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- What are the Benefits of Windows Live ID Integration in Windows 8?
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) and Logo in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows XP
- UserTile: Freeware to Get Windows 8 User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Taskbar Notification Area of Windows 7
- GClient: Download Free Desktop Client to Access Google+ Without Web Browser
- DWMColorMod: Free Utility for Windows 7 to Customize Aero Glass Appearance
- Download Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Cheat Sheets