"This program is not responding" is a very common error message which you get in Windows. Many times we find a program not responding and we have to perform an End Task operation on it using Task Manager.
Wouldn't it be great if we have a shortcut on Desktop or in Taskbar which can automatically kill all not responding programs upon execution? Just double-click on the shortcut and it'll End Task/kill all not responding programs.
Today we'll tell you how to create a simple shortcut which kills all not responding programs automatically so you don't need to open Task Manager and select the program and perform End Task on it.
Following are the simple steps to follow:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select "New -> Shortcut":
2. It'll launch "Create Shortcut" wizard. Now enter following string in location box:
taskkill /F /FI "STATUS eq NOT RESPONDING"
3. After entering the location, click on "Next" button. Now type Kill Not Responding Tasks in name box and click on "Finish" button. It'll create a new shortcut on Desktop.
4. Now its time to change the icon. Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties". Click on "Change Icon" button. Type explorer.exe in text box and press Enter. Select the 2nd icon in 3rd column, click on OK button and then Apply the changes.
5. That's it. You'll get the desired shortcut on Desktop:
NOTE: If you don't want to create the shortcut manually and want a ready-made shortcut, download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get the shortcut:
PS: You can also pin this shortcut to Taskbar if you are using Windows 7. Either drag-n-drop the shortcut to Taskbar or right-click on the shortcut and select "Pin to Taskbar" option.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 Lock Screen Customizer to Tweak or Disable Lock Screen
- How to Install and Apply Custom 3rd Party Boot Screens in Windows without Replacing Default NTOSkrnl.exe File?
- Microsoft Introduces Outlook.com, New Email Service with Metro UI
- [Fix] “View” Tab is Missing in “Folder Options” Dialog Box in Windows
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Free Customer Preview
- Pidgin: Multi-Protocol Instant Messaging Client to Use All IM Accounts At Once