Windows 7 and later don't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also Windows shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03.
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 Like Large Taskbar Buttons in Windows Vista
- How to Create Portable Version of “RocketDock” for USB Drives?
- How to Remove Useless “Bookmarks” Button from Bookmarks Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox?
- PowerMenu: Minimize Any Application to System Tray in Windows
- How to Open Any Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows?
- How to Restore Old Behavior of New Tab Page in Google Chrome, Disable Recently Visited Websites Thumbnails and Google Search