How to Show AM / PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows 7 and Later
Windows 7 and later don't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also Windows shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03.
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [MSDN and TechNet Update] Microsoft Releases Windows 8.1 Update
- List of Best Free Partition Manager Software for Windows
- [Review] Windows 10 Command Prompt (Console)
- How to Enable Hidden Secret “Add-ins” Tab in Windows Live Messenger Options Dialog Box?
- Windows 10 Free Upgrade for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 Users
- How to Create Your Own Yahoo! Messenger Skins Without Using 3rd Party Software?