How to Show AM / PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows 7 and Later
Windows 7 and later don't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also Windows shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03.
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Copy as Path” Option in Windows XP Context Menu?
- [Windows 8] What We Know and What We Need to Know?
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Dish TV DTH Set Top Box
- YouTube Tests New Design “Cosmic Panda” for Videos, Playlists and Channels, Try NOW
- How to Disable “Install Windows Updates and Shut Down” Option in Windows Start Menu?
- Backup and Restore Mozilla Firefox Extensions, Themes, Bookmarks, Preferences, Passwords, Cookies, etc Using FEBE