Windows 7 doesn't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also it shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix “Do You Want to Open This File?” Security Warning While Opening Start Menu or Taskbar Shortcuts in Windows Vista and 7
- [Tip] Customize Number of Recent Documents and Show Them in Left Sidebar of Microsoft Office Programs
- How to Install and Use Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows?
- [Tip] How to Show File Extensions of Shortcuts (LNK, URL, PIF) in Windows Explorer?
- How to Get Classic XP Style Network Activity Indicator Back in Windows 7?
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Internet Explorer Homepage Settings?