How to Show AM / PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows 7 and Later
Windows 7 and later don't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also Windows shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03.
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Smart Defrag 2: Free Tool for Fast and Efficient Disk Defragmentation
- How to Reset / Remove / Bypass Forgotten BIOS or CMOS Password?
- [Tip] How to Find Out the Date and Time When Windows was Installed in Your Computer?
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP
- [Tip] How to Check Running Apps List in Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Later Versions
- Internet Explorer Collection: Run Multiple IE Versions Simultaneously