Windows 7 and later don't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also Windows shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03.
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- Download Theme to Transform Windows 7 into Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- 3 Application Compatibility Registry Tweaks to Boost Windows Vista and Windows 7 Performance
- How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows?
- Waiting to Download Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2?
- Microsoft Re-brands “Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner” to “Microsoft Safety Scanner”