How to Show AM / PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows 7 and Later
Windows 7 and later don't show AM/PM symbols in system tray clock. Also Windows shows the time in 24 hour format i.e. 18:03.
If you want to get back the AM / PM symbols, then this tutorial will help you.
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Time" tab and you'll see the value of "Long time" will be set to HH:mm:ss. Just add tt at last of the value, i.e. change the value to HH:mm:ss tt
4. If you want to show the time in 12 hour format (06:30 instead of 18:30), then change the value to hh:mm:ss tt
5. That's it. Click on Apply button and you'll get the AM / PM symbols back in system tray clock.
PS: If you want to customize AM / PM symbols to something else, then follow this tutorial:
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Start Killer: Free Software to Remove Start Button (ORB) from Windows Taskbar
- How to Add “Disk Cleanup” Option in Drive Context Menu in Windows
- Hidden Secret “Exit Explorer” Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar
- Disk2vhd: Free Utility to Create VHD Versions of Physical Disks
- Finally a Way to Enable Transparency in Windows 8 Without any Bug or Glitch
- How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?