All new Mozilla Firefox versions come with tabs in titlebar to save space but there used to be an option "Tabs on Top" in toolbar context menu which allowed you to toggle between tabs on top and tabs on bottom. So you could have the tabs below the toolbar using that option.
If you have upgraded to the new version of Firefox but want to have the tabs on bottom, following tutorial will help you.
You can get the tabs back on bottom with the help of a secret preference present in about:config page:
1. Open Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type ontop in the Filter box and look for following boolean key:
3. The entry "browser.tabs.onTop" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. It'll immediately put tabs on bottom. Enjoy.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable or Enable “Shut Down Event Tracker” (Reason UI) Feature in Windows Server 2003, 2008 or Client OS?
- How to Enable Good Old Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu in Windows 8?
- How to Enable Hidden Secret Features Using “Advanced Configuration” Pages in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera Web Browsers?
- Disable the New AwesomeBar and Get Classic Addressbar Back in Mozilla Firefox
- Extend Windows Vista and Windows 7 Trial Period from 30 Days to 120 Days
- How to Disable Aero Peek Feature in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1?