How to Open Mozilla Firefox Searchbox Results in New Tab?
If you are using Mozilla Firefox web browser, you might have noticed that whenever you use its built-in searchbox to find something, it opens the results in the current tab which overwrites the current tab content with the search results. Its quite irritating as you lose the webpage which you were browsing in that tab.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to share a simple trick to always open the search results in a new tab. After following this tutorial, whenever you'll search using search box, it'll open the results in new tab instead of overwriting your current tab content.
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
1. Type about:config in Firefox addressbar and press Enter.
2. Now type browser.search.open in Filter box.
3. You'll get browser.search.openintab in results. Double click on it and its value will be changed to true.
4. That's it. Now your search results will always open in a new tab.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Customize Installation of Device Driver Software from Windows Update
- How to Disable or Customize “Backspace Key” in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Enable / Activate Hidden Built-in Administrator Account in Windows?
- Master Tutorial to Make Windows Vista Super Fast
- How to Get Rid of Too Much White Space in Microsoft Office 2013? Switch to New Gray Color Themes
- How to Bypass or Completely Disable Start Screen in Microsoft Office 2013 Applications?