How to Leave Windows Insider Program in Windows 10?
On July 29, 2015, Microsoft released the final RTM version of Windows 10 operating system to public. People using genuine Windows 7 or 8.1 can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
If you were a part of Windows Insider program and were testing Windows 10 Preview builds, you might be already using Windows 10 RTM build in your system. Yes, you heard it right. The recently released Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10240 was actually the RTM build. There is no difference between Preview build 10240 and the RTM build released to public.
Now the question comes: will you continue to participate in Windows Insider program or will you like to leave the program?
CASE 1: If you decide to continue participating in Windows Insider program, you'll keep receiving newer testing builds of Windows 10 in coming days and months. Those new builds will contain new features and fixes related to performance and stability. Windows 10 in your system will remain activated as far as you stay on Windows Insider program.
CASE 2: If you decide to leave or opt-out of Windows Insider program, you'll keep using Windows 10 RTM build 10240 in your system. But the activation status of Windows 10 will change to the same status which was in your previous Windows version. For example, if you upgraded to Windows 10 Insider Preview build from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 and your Windows was genuine and activated, then Windows 10 RTM will also remain activated in your computer. But if you upgraded to Windows 10 Insider Preview build from pirated (non-genuine) Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 version, the activation status of Windows 10 in your computer will change to not activated and it'll become a trial version of Windows 10.
Read more: Who Will Get Free Windows 10?
So its now your turn whether you want to stay on Windows Insider program or want to leave the program.
If you were using genuine Windows 7/8.1 OS and upgraded to Windows 10 Preview builds and now you don't want to test newer builds, you can leave Windows Insider program and keep using Windows 10 RTM build with activation with the help of following simple steps:
1. Open Settings app from Start Menu and click on Update and security icon.
2. Once you open Windows Update section, click on Advanced options link.
3. Scroll down a little and click on "Stop Insider Builds" button present in Get Insider Builds section.
4. It'll ask for confirmation, confirm the action and you'll be opted-out of the Windows Insider program without any problem.
In future if you decide to join the Windows Insider program again, you can follow the same steps as given above. This time you'll get a different button "Get Started" to join again.
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Windows XP Shows Error Message While Opening “User Accounts” in Control Panel
- Autorun Eater: Remove Suspicious “Autorun.inf” Files from USB Drives
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “System UI Tuner” Menu in Google Android Mobile Phones
- [Opera Tip] Disable Automatic Detection and Removal of Duplicate Bookmarks
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Checkbox to Select Items in Windows Vista and Later