UPDATE: New Firefox add-on "SettingSanity" can be downloaded to bring these removed options back. Scroll down to read more about this add-on.
A few hours back we told you about the release of Mozilla Firefox 23 version which comes with new features, improvements and fixes. Along with these new features, it also comes with removal of a few essential options which are:
- Load images automatically
- Always show the tab bar
This is just a start. Mozilla is going to remove several other options as well which have been mentioned in following article:
People who updated Firefox to 23 version, are missing these options. We have received so many comments and emails from AskVG readers asking for a fix. So today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to access and change these options in newer versions of Mozilla Firefox.
This tutorial will help you in enabling or disabling following 2 removed features:
- Load images automatically
Actually these 2 options have been removed from Firefox Preferences window only. The functionality is still present in the browser. So you can access and customize these options using Firefox's hidden about:config page.
If you are using latest Firefox version and want to access these removed features, check out following simple steps:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll show you a warning message, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. If you want to enable or disable "Load images automatically" option, then type permissions.default.image in the Search Filter box and you'll get an Integer with the same name "permissions.default.image" in preferences list.
Its value is set to 1 by default which means all images are set to load automatically. If you want to disable image loading, change its value to 2. If you want to allow images loading from the same website but want to disable 3rd party images, then set its value to 3.
4. Regarding "Always show the tab bar", Mozilla has completely removed this functionality. In older versions, this option used "browser.tabs.autohide" preference in about:config but Mozilla has removed this preference from Firefox source code. So its not present in the about:config window. Even if you manually create the preference, it'll not work.
That's it. This is how you can access and change these removed features in Mozilla Firefox newer versions.
You can download this add-on using following link:
Thanks to our reader "marc" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Visual Tooltip: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows XP
- Windows 7 System Requirements
- What is the Use of USB Port in Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon and Other DTH Set Top Box?
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 Offline ISO Files
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Explorer Using Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows
- How to Upgrade from a Testing Build to Final RTM Version of Windows?