Glass Toast: Get Longhorn Style Glassy Notification Balloon Popups in Windows XP, 2003 and Vista
Recently we shared animated user picture utility for Windows Vista users which tries to bring back the good old "Longhorn" style effect in Windows Vista start menu.
Now today in this topic, we are going to share another Longhorn look-like stuff for you.
If you use Windows Vista, you might have noticed the balloon popups look like the ones from Windows XP. But in the good old days of Longhorn testing, the balloon tips actually looked like following:
As you can see in the above screenshot, the Longhorn balloon tips were glassy and look excellent.
If you want to recreate that effect for Windows XP and vista, you can use a small application GlassToast created by our friend "Andreas Verhoeven".
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Rufus: Free Portable Utility to Write Bootable ISO or IMG Files to USB Drives
- Yet Another Way to Download Free Microsoft Office 2010 60-Day Trial Version
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Desktop Context Menu in XP, Add “View”, “Screen Resolution”, “Gadgets” & “Personalize” Options
- [Opera Tip] Disable Mute Tabs Feature on Websites
- Get Windows 8 “Win+X” Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using WinPlusX
- How to Show/Hide “Get Add-ons” Tab in Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Window?