Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Leopard Skin for RK Launcher Dock Utility
- [Review] All About Resource Hacker, The Ultimate Windows Customization Tool
- Download Windows Vista and Server 2008 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- Download Avast! Free Antivirus for Windows
- How to Fix Annoying Folder View Type Problem in Windows Vista and Later?
- Has Microsoft Removed Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?