[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix “Cannot Open AVI Error” While Updating Spybot S&D or Spyware Doctor?
- [Tip] Customize Hidden “Extended Send To” Menu in Windows, Add or Remove Shortcuts
- [Solution] Taskbar is not Transparent While Using Aero Theme in Windows Vista
- [Fix] Windows XP SP3 (Service Pack 3) Setup Error: Access is Denied, Installation did not Complete
- JumpPad: Free Tool to Get Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” in Windows Vista and 7
- [Guide] How to Change Default Folder Icons in Windows