[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Windows Vista Startup ORB Animation (aka Pearl Animation)?
- [Guide] How to Root an Android Device?
- [Guide] Different Ways to Open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows
- List of Important Changes from Windows 7 Beta to Release Candidate (RC)
- Download Winamp 2 Classic Skin for VLC Media Player
- XBoot: Free Utility to Combine ISO and Create Single Multiboot ISO or Bootable USB