[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), GA on October 26th, 2012
- MSI Explorer: Free Tool to Analyze and Edit Windows MSI Files
- How to Get Windows XP Style Toolbar in Windows 8/8.1 Explorer without Using Any Software?
- Download Windows XP Luna, Royale Blue and Zune Themes for Windows 8 and 8.1
- Download Windows Vista Dark Theme “VistaVG Black” for Windows XP
- Download Full Standalone Offline Windows Installer (MSI) of Google Chrome