Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Create Your Own Yahoo! Messenger Skins Without Using 3rd Party Software?
- Notepad Statusbar Bug Found in All Windows Versions
- [Windows 10 Start Menu] Review, Tips-n-Tricks and Customization
- Download Portable Version of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera Web Browsers
- Add AskVG.com or Other Website Links in Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- [Tip] How to Disable All WIN+ Keyboard Shortcuts (Hotkeys) in Windows?