[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows Live Messenger Going to Close on March 15, 2013, Upgrade to Skype Now
- [Windows 10 Tip] Disable “Quick Actions” Buttons in Action Center
- [Tip] Add Secret “Hide File Names” Option in “View” Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- What is Microsoft .NET Framework? Download Links for All Versions Inside
- Hotmail Introduces 2 New Features: My Friends Account Been Hacked and Blacklist Common Passwords
- [Tip] Disable OneDrive in Windows 10