Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird to Fix Font Problem?
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista?
- Download Windows 8 Aero Lite (Basic) Themes and Skins Pack for Windows XP
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme for Windows 7
- BatteryInfoView: Free Utility to Show Status and Information About Laptop and Netbook Battery