[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Did You Know] WSReset Command to Clear Windows Store Cache in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Access and Use Metro Boot Loader and Advanced Boot Options in Windows 8 and Later?
- [Fix] Windows Live Messenger (WLM) Auto Starts While Opening Hotmail Website in Internet Explorer (IE)
- Download Windows 8 RTM Theme for Windows XP
- How to Turn Caret Browsing On or Off in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Tip] How to Show More Apps with Small Icons in Windows 8.1 Apps Screen