Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hidden Secret Easter Egg in YouTube Videos to Play “Snake” Game
- How to Update Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) Virus Definitions Using Command Line and Without Using Windows Automatic Update
- Resource Tuner: Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- [Fix] Windows Live Mail Automatically Adds New Email IDs in your Contacts List or Address Book
- Microsoft Launched “Automated Troubleshooting Services” to Fix Common Maintenance Problems for Windows XP and Vista
- Download Windows 7 Theme “SevenVG RTM” for Windows XP