[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 in a Box: Get All System Settings in One Place
- Collection of Boot Screens of All Windows Versions from Windows 1.0 to Windows 7
- How to Pin a Folder or Drive Directly to Taskbar in Windows 7 and Later?
- [Tip] Find Your Lost Android Mobile Phone Without Installing 3rd Party Apps
- [Did You Know] Hidden Secret “DeskBar Options” Tab in Windows 98 Taskbar Properties
- How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text Back in Windows 7 and Later?