Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows?
- How to Get Good Old 3D Pinball Game, InkBall, Hold ‘Em, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Calendar and ClipBook Viewer in Windows 7?
- [Guide] Things To Do After Installing Windows 8.1
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Tata Sky and Airtel Digital TV DTH Set Top Box
- How to Change “New Tab” Button URL in Mozilla Firefox?
- Microsoft Windows Calculator Bug, Sqrt(4) – 2 != 0