Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Annoying “Safe To Remove Hardware” Message Box in Windows Vista?
- Complete Guide for Windows Customization Terms and Resources
- Download Free Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft
- Will Your PC Run Windows Vista? Check Yourself Using Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor
- All About Mozilla Firefox Profile Folder and Configuration Files
- Best Method to Backup Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks Without Using Extensions