[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 Comes with Built-in Option to Turn On/Off 16-Bit Application Support
- Add-on to Automatically Save and Recover Lost Form Data in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- Xmarks Bookmark Sync: Must Have Extension for All Web Browsers
- [Tip] Enable or Disable Windows Update Notifications in ESET NOD32 Antivirus
- Microsoft Introduces Touch Pack for Windows 7
- Download Official Crysis Warhead Desktop Theme for Windows XP Absolutely FREE, No Patching Required