[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] Things To Do After Installing Windows 8.1
- JumpPad: Free Tool to Get Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” in Windows Vista and 7
- So Windows 7 Will Be Windows 7, Microsoft Confirms
- [Did You Know] Hidden Secret Way to Organize Favorites in Internet Explorer
- Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15063 Available for Download
- Glass Toast: Get Longhorn Style Glassy Notification Balloon Popups in Windows XP, 2003 and Vista