Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix Windows Phone 7 and Zune Devices Connection Problems and Issues?
- 3 Things You Should Know Before Downloading Windows 7 RC Build
- Windows 8 UI Bug Causes Windows XP Style Classic Balloon Notifications in Taskbar
- vNext: Download Windows 8 Metro UI Inspired Rainmeter Skin Suite
- JumpPad: Free Tool to Get Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” in Windows Vista and 7
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Live Mail Bugs and Goof-ups