Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Ultimate List of Useful Keyboard Shortcuts for Command Prompt in Windows
- How to Update Windows Defender Offline? Install Latest Virus Definition Files Manually
- Add-on to Automatically Save and Recover Lost Form Data in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- [Bug] Taskbar Context Menu won’t Close in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- How to Get “Shared Folder Icon” Back in Windows Explorer in Windows 7
- AeroBar: Free Portable Utility to Show Titlebar Text in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer