Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Live Movie Maker Final Version
- [Tip] Revealing Hidden Secret “Unicorn” Easter Egg in Mozilla Firefox
- TransTaskbar: Get Transparent Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer for Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows 8 Comes with 2 Flavors of Internet Explorer 10 (IE10): Metro Style App and Desktop App
- How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?