[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Beginner’s Guide to Configure Windows 7 Services
- Anolis Resourcer: Yet Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- [Fix] Charms Bar Randomly Appears on Windows 8/8.1 Devices
- How to Rename “Favorites”, “Libraries”, “Homegroup”, “Computer” and “Network” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Calculator in Windows XP and Vista
- Customize Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Library Background Image in Windows 7