[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- WinCDEmu: Mount CD/DVD Images (ISO, NRG, MDS/MDF, IMG, etc) in Windows Explorer
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Firewall Software for Windows
- Download Panda Cloud Free Antivirus 2.0
- FileMenu Tools: Free Utility to Customize Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Pin Any File, Folder or Program Shortcut to Windows 8 and Later Start Screen?
- [Tip] Get Classic Theme and Features Back in Mozilla Firefox, Get Rid of New Australis UI