[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable / Disable Animations in Copy / Move / Delete Dialog Box in Windows Vista and Later?
- How to Set a Custom URL or Username for Your Facebook Profile Page?
- Unlocker: Download Free File Unlocking Utility for Windows
- [Fix] Can’t Change Volume Level on HD Channels in Tata Sky DTH
- [Windows Tip] Replace “Ease of Access” Button with Other Programs on Login Screen
- [FIX] Windows Taskbar Resets to Default Settings If “Automatically Log On” Feature is Enabled