[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 UI Bug Causes Windows XP Style Classic Balloon Notifications in Taskbar
- How to Enable / Show Menu Bar Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
- Universal Extractor: Decompress and Extract Files from Any Type of Archive or Installer
- Enable Hidden Secret Control Panel Items in Windows Vista and Later
- Download Microsoft Zune Desktop Theme for Windows XP
- How to Change or Customize Internet Explorer Title Bar Caption?