Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Hide / Remove Search Box and Up Button from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- VistaSwitcher: The Best FREE Windows Alt+Tab Feature Replacement
- Personas: New Easy to Install & Easy to Use Skins for Mozilla Firefox
- WinUpdatesList: Displays List of All Windows Updates Installed in Your Windows
- Get Windows 7 Like “Color and Appearance” Tab in Windows Vista
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail (WLM) Using Registry Editor?