[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments
- Fix “Your Purchase Couldn’t Be Completed” Error Message, When You Try to Download Apps from Windows 8 Store
- How to Remove “Computer” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Windows 8.1 = Fix (Windows 8) <=> Windows 7 = Fix (Windows Vista)
- [Tip] Install Apps Offline (Sideload) in Google Android Devices Without Internet Connection and Play Store