Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hidden Secret Trick to Exit Windows Explorer Using Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- [Tip] Add Secret “Hide File Names” Option in “View” Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- Hidden Secret “Exit Explorer” Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar
- Google Toolbar Discontinued for Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and Newer Versions
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 or Later PC?
- How to Disable Aero Snap Feature in Windows 7 and Later?