Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments?
- How to Remove or Hide Small Arrow (Tab Drop-Down Menu) from Mozilla Firefox Tab Bar?
- RealWorld Paint: Free Image Editor and Alternative to Adobe Photoshop
- How to Enable or Install Windows Media Center in Windows 8?
- Ultimate Guide for Customizing Windows 7 System Properties
- How to Enable / Disable “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” Option in Open With Dialog Box?