[Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Free 1-Year and Lifetime Licenses of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium Edition
- How to Fix “MAPI was Unable to Load Information Service Msncon.dll” Error Message in Microsoft Outlook?
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Extra Desktops: Free Utility to Get Multiple Virtual Desktops in Windows XP and Vista
- [Solution] Windows Vista Explorer Hangs while Copying Files from External Media
- [Tip] Install and Test Operating Systems Virtually in Windows Using Hyper-V