Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Beware of “Anti-Virus-1″, Another Fake Antivirus in Town
- Add AskVG.com or Other Website Links in Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- How to Access Additional Hidden Regional Themes in Windows 7?
- Windows Media Player 12: Bug or Feature?
- How to Use Windows Vista and Windows 7 for One Year Without Activation?
- Revealing Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu to Cheat in Built-in Microsoft Games in Windows Vista and 7