Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Exclusive] Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8 – Add, Remove, Rename or Move Shortcuts
- Download Official Microsoft Brilliant Black Skin for Windows Media Player
- Registry Tweak to Force Automatic Restart in Windows 8 After Installing Important Updates
- Add “Restore Ownership to TrustedInstaller” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows
- How to Disable Animation in Tab Groups (Panorama) in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Remove Library Pane (Libraries Header) from Windows 7 Explorer?