Recently a reader asked this problem. The .ICO files were not showing their icons in Windows Explorer.
Usually Windows Explorer shows separate icons for each .ICO file but sometimes it starts showing the default unknown file icon for all .ICO files.
Actually it happens when the .ico file association is missing or damaged in Windows registry.
This article will help you in fixing this problem and you'll get the actual icons for all .ICO files:
To fix this problem, simply download following ZIP file:
Extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and restart your system. It'll fix the problem.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- “The Search Bar” Gadget for Windows 7: Search From Your Windows Desktop
- Windows 8 Will Come With Support for USB 3.0, Microsoft Confirms
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Windows 8 Explorer Ribbon
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- Download Windows 8.1 RTM Now
- How to Remove Library Pane (Libraries Header) from Windows 7 Explorer?