Explorer7Fixes: Enable Sort Header (Column Header) in All File View Modes in Windows 7 Explorer
Column header (or Sort header) is very essential part of Windows Explorer. We can change file sorting order by selecting an item from this header.
Windows Vista used to show column header in all file view modes (e.g. Icon view, details view, list view, etc) but for some unknown reason, Microsoft changed this functionality in Windows 7.
Windows 7 Explorer shows column header only in Details view. It doesn't show column header in any other file view mode.
Today we are going to share a small DLL file which can enable column header in all file view modes in Windows 7 Explorer. This DLL file has been developed by "ijprest". Thanks to him for fixing this big annoyance in Windows 7.
You just need to download following ZIP file, extract it and run "Install.bat" file to install DLL file in your system. It'll enable column header. If you can't see the header, restart or log off your system.
The ZIP file also contains "Uninstall.bat" file to remove the DLL file from your system in case you want to uninstall it.
PS: QTTabBar can also bring back column header in Windows 7 Explorer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Checkbox to Select Items in Windows Vista and Later
- Extend Windows Vista and Windows 7 Trial Period from 30 Days to 120 Days
- [Fix] Desktop or Other Apps Tile Missing on Start Screen in Windows 8 and Later, Can’t Add from All Apps Page
- Download “Refresh Windows Tool” to Perform Clean Install of Windows 10