Windows 7 contains a new login screen which looks awesome. Now you can get the same login screen in Windows XP, Windows Vista and all Windows 7 beta builds.
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows XP
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created a login screen for Windows XP which looks exact same as Windows 7 login screen.
You can download the login screen from following link:
Now extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and you'll get "LogonUI.exe" file. That's the file which contains the login screen. You'll need to replace existing "logonui.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this downloaded one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file.
Or you can use Tuneup Utilities to easily apply the login screen which is very safe.
If you don't want to replace system file and don't want to use TuneUp Utilities to apply this login screen, check out following tutorial:
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows Vista
Windows Vista users can download the login screen from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Now install "Stardock LogonStudio for Vista" which is FREE and included in the pack.
After installing LogonStudio, double-click on the "SevenVG Login Screen.logonvista" file. It'll open in LogonStudio, apply the login screen and you are done.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] Make Your Mozilla Firefox Look-Like Internet Explorer 9
- [Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- How to Disable / Turn Off “Conversations” View in Windows Live Mail 2011 (Wave 4)?
- How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Developer Options” Menu in Google Android Mobile Phones and Tablets