Windows 7 contains a new login screen which looks awesome. Now you can get the same login screen in Windows XP, Windows Vista and all Windows 7 beta builds.
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows XP
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created a login screen for Windows XP which looks exact same as Windows 7 login screen.
You can download the login screen from following link:
Now extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and you'll get "LogonUI.exe" file. That's the file which contains the login screen. You'll need to replace existing "logonui.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this downloaded one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file.
Or you can use Tuneup Utilities to easily apply the login screen which is very safe.
If you don't want to replace system file and don't want to use TuneUp Utilities to apply this login screen, check out following tutorial:
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows Vista
Windows Vista users can download the login screen from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Now install "Stardock LogonStudio for Vista" which is FREE and included in the pack.
After installing LogonStudio, double-click on the "SevenVG Login Screen.logonvista" file. It'll open in LogonStudio, apply the login screen and you are done.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows Live Hotmail Keyboard Shortcuts List
- How to Enable Good Old Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu in Windows 8?
- Enable Windows XP Style Cascading “All Programs” List in Windows Vista and 7 Start Menu
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
- How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text in Windows 7?
- Tweak MC: A Set of Useful Commands for Media Center Edition