Windows 7 contains a new login screen which looks awesome. Now you can get the same login screen in Windows XP, Windows Vista and all Windows 7 beta builds.
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows XP
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created a login screen for Windows XP which looks exact same as Windows 7 login screen.
You can download the login screen from following link:
Now extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and you'll get "LogonUI.exe" file. That's the file which contains the login screen. You'll need to replace existing "logonui.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this downloaded one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file.
Or you can use Tuneup Utilities to easily apply the login screen which is very safe.
If you don't want to replace system file and don't want to use TuneUp Utilities to apply this login screen, check out following tutorial:
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows Vista
Windows Vista users can download the login screen from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Now install "Stardock LogonStudio for Vista" which is FREE and included in the pack.
After installing LogonStudio, double-click on the "SevenVG Login Screen.logonvista" file. It'll open in LogonStudio, apply the login screen and you are done.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- nLite: Freeware to Integrate Service Packs, Drivers and Create Unattended Bootable ISO of Windows XP
- Fix Windows 8 and Later Restart and Shutdown Problems by Disabling “Hybrid Shutdown” Feature
- Mozilla Releases Add-on Recovery Tool for Firefox 7.0 to Recover Hidden Add-ons
- How to Disable Automatic Download and Installation of Store App Updates in Windows 8 and Later?
- OEM Configurer: Free Utility to Add OEM Information and Logo in System Properties of Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Run It: Small Utility to Allow Opening of Any Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows