Windows 7 contains a new login screen which looks awesome. Now you can get the same login screen in Windows XP, Windows Vista and all Windows 7 beta builds.
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows XP
Our friend "PeterRollar" @ DA has created a login screen for Windows XP which looks exact same as Windows 7 login screen.
You can download the login screen from following link:
Now extract the RAR file using WinRAR or 7-Zip and you'll get "LogonUI.exe" file. That's the file which contains the login screen. You'll need to replace existing "logonui.exe" file present in "%windir%\System32" folder with this downloaded one. Use "Replacer" to replace the file.
Or you can use Tuneup Utilities to easily apply the login screen which is very safe.
If you don't want to replace system file and don't want to use TuneUp Utilities to apply this login screen, check out following tutorial:
Windows 7 Login Screen for Windows Vista
Windows Vista users can download the login screen from following link:
After downloading the ZIP file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip. Now install "Stardock LogonStudio for Vista" which is FREE and included in the pack.
After installing LogonStudio, double-click on the "SevenVG Login Screen.logonvista" file. It'll open in LogonStudio, apply the login screen and you are done.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Google Adds New “Preview Pane” Feature to Gmail Similar to Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail (WLM)?
- Visual Tooltip: Get Windows Vista and 7 Style Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows XP
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Checkbox to Select Items in Windows Vista and Later
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Internet Explorer Homepage Settings?
- How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows?