How to Add “Insert” Option in CD/DVD Drive Context Menu in Windows?
If you are a Windows user, you might be knowing that whenever we right-click on the CD/DVD drive icon in Windows Explorer, we get an option to "Eject" the tray in the drive context menu. But we don't get any option to "Insert" the tray.
In this article, we are going to share a trick to add "Insert" option in CD/DVD drives context menu in Windows Explorer as shown in following screenshot:
If you also want to add the "Insert" option, here are the required steps:
1. First download following zip file:
2. After downloading, extract it using 7-Zip or any other archive software and you'll get a DLL file. Copy this DLL file to "%windir%\System32" folder. Here %windir% represents "Windows" folder present in the system drive where Windows is installed in your system. In most cases, its C: drive.
3. After copying the DLL file, run the REG file present in the extracted folder. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it.
4. That's it. Now you'll get an extra option "Insert" in CD/DVD drives context menu, which will make your life easier and you'll not need to press the insert button present in your CD/DVD drive to insert the tray.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Clear Type Tuner: Microsoft Powertoy to Tweak and Customize Clear Type Font Settings in Windows
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Border Skin, ViStart Skin and Common Tasks for Windows XP
- Download “Refresh Windows Tool” to Perform Clean Install of Windows 10
- [Fix] Gmail Marks Your Important Emails as Spam
- [Tip] Add Numbers Row on Top of Google Keyboard in Android Mobile Phones
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)