[Windows 10 Tip] Remove “Windows Insider Program” Section from Settings Page
We know about "Windows Insiders" program which is used by Microsoft to test preview builds of Windows 10. People who are registered to Windows Insiders program, can install and test early preview builds of Windows 10 and provide their feedback and suggestions to Microsoft so that the company can improve Windows 10 OS.
Microsoft has added a section called "Windows Insider Program" in Windows 10 Settings app which can be used to register for Insider Preview builds of Windows 10.
You just need to open Settings app from Start Menu or by pressing WIN+I keys together and then go to "Update & Security" section and there you get the "Windows Insider Program" tab at the bottom of the list present in left-side pane as shown in following image:
If you don't want to use Windows 10 Insider Preview builds, this extra tab is useless for you. So today in this tutorial, we are going to share a small Registry tweak to hide this tab from Settings page.
After following some simple steps, you'll be able to remove "Windows Insider Program" tab from Settings -> Update & Security section as shown in following image:
As you can see in above image, "Windows Insider Program" section is no longer present in "Settings -> Update & Security" section.
Check out following easy steps to disable "Windows Insider Program" section in Windows 10 Settings app:
1. Press WIN+R keys together to launch RUN dialog box. Now type regedit in RUN box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD HideInsiderPage and set its value to 1
That's it. Open Settings app and go to "Update & Security" section and you'll not see "Windows Insider Program" tab.
NOTE: To restore "Windows Insider Program" tab in Settings page, just delete the DWORD HideInsiderPage created in Step 3.
Thanks to our reader "Tony L." for sharing this tip...
PS: If you are not familiar with Registry editing and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] How to Fix “Orkut.com, YouTube.com and Mozilla Firefox is Banned in Your System” Error in Windows?
- Reclaim Free Space by Removing Unnecessary Files After Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2
- Vize (XPize for Vista): GUI Enhancer for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008
- Fix Windows Update Problems Using Automatic Reset Script
- iCalcy: Download iPhone Look-Like Calculator for Windows
- Make Windows 8 Start Screen Transparent, Change Background Image and Number of Rows of Tiles