Get Windows 7 Like “Color and Appearance” Tab in Windows Vista
NOTE: This method replaces default system files, so use it at your own risk and if anything goes wrong, restore the backup files.
As you know Windows 7 contains lots of new features along with redesigned existing Vista features. You can get more information about all Windows 7 features in following topic:
One of such redesigned features in Windows 7 is new "Window Color and Appearance" tab in Desktop Properties. When you right-click on Desktop and select "Personalize" and then go to "Window Color and Appearance" tab.
By following this tutorial, you'll get the same Windows 7 "Window Color and Appearance" tab in Vista.
1. First download following ZIP file and extract it:
32-bit (x86) - rapidshare.com/files/246002483/VistaSP2-7_tray_swatches.zip
64-bit (x64) - rapidshare.com/files/239058676/Win7_swatches_4_SP2.zip
2. Now go to "%windir%\System32" folder and look for a file "themecpl.dll".
3. Once you find the file, take its ownership using following tutorial:
4. Now rename the file to some other name like "themecpl_backup.dll".
5. Copy the "themecpl.dll" file from downloaded ZIP file to "System32" folder.
6. Now go to "%windir%\System32\en-US" folder and look for a file "themecpl.dll.mui".
7. Once you find the file, take its ownership.
8. Now rename the file to some other name like "themecpl_backup.dll.mui".
9. Copy the "themecpl.dll.mui" file from downloaded ZIP file to "System32\en-US" folder.
10. At last run the "SOFTWARE_Glass Colorization.reg" file present in downloaded ZIP file.
11. That's it. Now restart your system and get ready to see the new Windows 7 "Color and Appearance" tab in Vista.
Thanks to "AUDI-1980" for sharing them...
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway Winners List
- Download Free Windows 8 Metro Theme for WinRAR Archiver
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “System UI Tuner” Menu in Google Android Mobile Phones
- Get Windows XP Style Classic “All Programs” List in Start Menu of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Microsoft Shares Tips and Hotkeys to Make Windows 7 Faster, Secure and Easier to Use
- [SHAREit Tip] Disable Transfer Experience Improvement Program to Improve Privacy