Download Windows Themes and Wallpapers from Microsoft Personalization Gallery
We all know that Microsoft regularly releases free themepacks and wallpapers for Windows 7 users. Now Microsoft has also started releasing themes and Desktop backgrounds for Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows RT. Almost all Windows 7 themes work perfectly in Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows RT and Desktop backgrounds can be used in all OS obviously.
If you don't know how to download these official themepacks and wallpapers from Microsoft, check out following simple steps:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select "Personalize" option. It'll open a new window, now click on "Get more themes online" link:
2. It'll open official Windows themes page in your web browser. Alternatively, you can directly open the same page using following link:
3. From the above mentioned webpage, you can download various free themes, gadgets and wallpapers for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows RT.
4. Once you download the themepack file, double-click on it and Windows will automatically install and apply it.
NOTE: If you want to enjoy only the wallpapers included in these theme packs, you can extract the .themepack file using 7-Zip and you'll get a folder "DesktopBackground" containing all wallpapers.
PS: You can also check out many other cool Windows 7 themes in our exclusive themes section:
Posted in: Themes & Wallpapers
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [AIO] Complete Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- Best Free Desktop Email Clients and Alternatives to Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Offers a Way to Prevent Automatic Windows 10 Upgrade on Windows 7 Computers
- How to Create New Customized Toolbars at Desktop in Windows Vista?
- How to Enable “InPrivate Filtering” Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Beta?
- Download Free Windows 7 RTM 90-day Trial Version