[Tip] Stop WhatsApp Sharing Your Account Information With Facebook
Although WhatsApp claims that it'll never share your phone number and chats with Facebook but people are worried about their privacy.
Thankfully WhatsApp is providing an option to opt-out/disable this new data sharing feature which can be accessed using WhatsApp settings as well as while accepting new privacy agreement.
If you have not received the privacy agreement page or if you didn't uncheck "Share my account info" option in hurry, there is still another option to disable data sharing feature which can be accessed using following steps:
1. Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone and select Settings -> Account option.
2. Now you'll see a new option "Share my account info" which is enabled by default.
Uncheck the option and it'll show you a confirmation box that if you tap on "Don't Share" button, you won't be able to change this in future. Simply click on "DON'T SHARE" button.
It'll permanently remove the "Share my account info" option from Account page.
That's it. Now WhatsApp will stop sending your account information and any other personal data to Facebook. Now you can enjoy WhatsApp without worries.
Some reports say that if you accepted new updated terms and conditions, you'll have only 30 days to revoke the permission using this "Share my account info" option. So check your settings now...
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Skip Metro Start Screen and Boot Directly into Desktop in Windows 8?
- Google Redesigns Gmail Look, Adds New HD Themes, How to Instructions Inside
- Add Windows XP Style Classic System Properties Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- [Guide] How to Use Built-in ClearType Text Tuner in Windows?
- Download Windows 10 Official 4K Wallpaper
- Jumplist Launcher: Create Custom Jumplists in Windows 7