[Tip] Stop WhatsApp Sharing Your Account Information With Facebook
Although WhatsApp claims that it'll never share your phone number and chats with Facebook but people are worried about their privacy.
Thankfully WhatsApp is providing an option to opt-out/disable this new data sharing feature which can be accessed using WhatsApp settings as well as while accepting new privacy agreement.
If you have not received the privacy agreement page or if you didn't uncheck "Share my account info" option in hurry, there is still another option to disable data sharing feature which can be accessed using following steps:
1. Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone and select Settings -> Account option.
2. Now you'll see a new option "Share my account info" which is enabled by default.
Uncheck the option and it'll show you a confirmation box that if you tap on "Don't Share" button, you won't be able to change this in future. Simply click on "DON'T SHARE" button.
It'll permanently remove the "Share my account info" option from Account page.
That's it. Now WhatsApp will stop sending your account information and any other personal data to Facebook. Now you can enjoy WhatsApp without worries.
Some reports say that if you accepted new updated terms and conditions, you'll have only 30 days to revoke the permission using this "Share my account info" option. So check your settings now...
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- X-Ray: Freeware to Automatically Submit Suspicious Files to Antivirus Companies for Free Scan
- Show/Hide Hidden Files & Folders on the fly in Windows
- How to Disable Animation in Tab Groups (Panorama) in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- List of Uninstallers / Removal Tools for All Popular Antivirus Software
- How to Put Tabs Back on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox?