[Tip] Stop WhatsApp Sharing Your Account Information With Facebook
Although WhatsApp claims that it'll never share your phone number and chats with Facebook but people are worried about their privacy.
Thankfully WhatsApp is providing an option to opt-out/disable this new data sharing feature which can be accessed using WhatsApp settings as well as while accepting new privacy agreement.
If you have not received the privacy agreement page or if you didn't uncheck "Share my account info" option in hurry, there is still another option to disable data sharing feature which can be accessed using following steps:
1. Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone and select Settings -> Account option.
2. Now you'll see a new option "Share my account info" which is enabled by default.
Uncheck the option and it'll show you a confirmation box that if you tap on "Don't Share" button, you won't be able to change this in future. Simply click on "DON'T SHARE" button.
It'll permanently remove the "Share my account info" option from Account page.
That's it. Now WhatsApp will stop sending your account information and any other personal data to Facebook. Now you can enjoy WhatsApp without worries.
Some reports say that if you accepted new updated terms and conditions, you'll have only 30 days to revoke the permission using this "Share my account info" option. So check your settings now...
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Panda USB Vaccine and BitDefender USB Immunizer: Free Tools to Prevent Autorun-Based Malware Attacks
- Windows 8.1 is Just Around the Corner, Are You Ready to Switch?
- How to Adjust “Aero Peek” Desktop Preview Delay Time in Windows 7
- Add Cascading Menus for Programs in Desktop and My Computer Context Menus in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Remove “Windows Experience Index Rating” Link from Windows 7 System Properties?
- How to Reset / Remove / Bypass Forgotten BIOS or CMOS Password?