[Tip] How to Restart Mozilla Firefox With All Opened Tabs
If you are using Mozilla Firefox web browser, this might be very useful trick for you. Many times Firefox starts taking lots of system resources/RAM amount and starts running very slowly and takes lots of time in opening new tabs, etc. Also many times it stops opening links clicked from other programs. For example, I use Windows Live Mail (WLM) desktop email client and Mozilla Firefox and many times it happens when I click on a hyperlink in an email inside WLM, it doesn't open in Firefox. Nothing happens when I click on the link and if I close Firefox and re-launch it, everything starts working fine and the link opens fine in Firefox.
So many times to fix problems and performance issues, we need to restart Firefox but what if we have already running lots of tabs in Firefox? If we have opened many tabs in Firefox and we close and relaunch Firefox, we'll lose all current tabs and we'll need to reopen them from history.
In such conditions, the best solution is to restart Firefox using standard and built-in command in Firefox web browser. Actually Firefox allows you to restart itself at any time whenever you want and it'll relaunch itself with all previously running tabs, so you'll again have all opened tabs even after a fresh restart. Following animated image shows the whole process in action:
If you also want to know the trick to restart Firefox with all opened tabs, check out following simple steps. It'll not require installing any extra extension, add-on or plug-in. Its just a small built-in command of Firefox.
1. Press SHIFT+F2 keys together to launch Developers toolbar.
This toolbar is also known as also known as GCLI (Graphical Command Line Interpreter).
2. Now type restart inside the developers toolbar and press Enter key.
That's it. It'll immediately restart Firefox and all your previously opened tabs were saved and will be opened again without any issues.
There are many extensions/add-ons are available to add restart button to Firefox toolbar but this simple method is the best as it doesn't require any addition add-on. Just 2 small steps and you can restart Firefox and get smoothly running Firefox again.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop Doesn’t Refresh Automatically in Windows Vista
- [Linux Guides Collection] Everything You Want to Know and Learn about Linux
- Anti-Aliasing Tuner: Mozilla Firefox Add-on to Fix Font Problem
- Download Windows 10 Free Insider (Technical) Preview
- Collection of Boot Screens of All Windows Versions from Windows 1.0 to Windows 7
- Get Windows 7 Calculator Working in Windows Vista