You can put Recycle Bin in My Computer window, you can even pin it to Windows 7 Taskbar but today we are going to share a very small, light-weight and portable utility which allows you to put Recycle Bin icon in System Tray aka Taskbar notification area.
"SystemTray Recycler" is an awesome app created by our friend "Solo-Dev" @ DA which sits in your SystemTray and changes its icon depending if you have items in your Recycling Bin or not.
You can access its menu by either left-click or right-click on its system tray icon. The menu allows you to Empty the Recycle Bin, open the Recycle Bin or simply Exit the app.
The app has been updated and following are some major changes:
- Added in a Menu that tells you how many files and how much space is used in the Recycle Bin.
- A file counter is added in now, so that you can specify after X many files to empty the Bin.
- Added support for "Start With Windows" as an option.
- You can now also clean out your "Temp" folder from the app.
- You can now make and use your own Icons. Just name them FULL.ICO and EMPTY.ICO, put them in the folder with the app, and re-start the app.
It works in almost all Windows versions including XP, Vista and 7.
UPDATE: It seems the software has been removed by the developer.