Sometimes people face a problem in Windows when Windows doesn't remember their customization settings on Desktop and taskbar, like icons positions, toolbars positions, taskbar position, etc.
Recently I got a similar mail from a visitor "Onie Ward":
I downloaded something called Vista Customization Pack.
I've tried to uninstall this program (I'm on Windows XP) and it seems to have worked, EXCEPT that every time I login, my icons all line up on the left hand side of the page. I move them back to where I want them, but every login...moved. It all started when I installed Vista Customization Pack. I've emailed them, but haven't heard back.
Can you help?? Thanks.
So if you are also facing such problem, then this tutorial will help you in fixing the issue:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now check for a DWORD value "NoSaveSettings" in right-side pane under following keys:
HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Program Manager\Restrictions
The DWORD value will be present in any of the above mentioned locations, most probably in the last one.
3. Once you find the DWORD value, delete it and restart your system. It'll solve your problem and Windows will remember your desktop settings.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Collection of Boot Screens of All Windows Versions from Windows 1.0 to Windows 7
- How to Disable or Change a Key Action in Your Keyboard Using Sharp Keys?
- How to Set Desktop Wallpaper as Start Screen Background in Windows 8.1?
- [Happy New Year] Best AskVG Articles of 2013
- XBoot: Free Utility to Combine ISO and Create Single Multiboot ISO or Bootable USB
- How to Disable Google Chrome Built-in Spell Checker?