[Solution] “Play All” Option Opens “Copy Items” and “Move Items” Dialog Box in Windows XP
I have received many mails from several AskVG readers regarding this common problem. If you use Windows XP then you might also have faced this problem.
The problem occurs when you select a media file (it might be an audio or video file) and click on "Play All" link given in common tasks section (the sidebar present on the left in Windows Explorer):
It opens 2 annoying dialog boxes. First a "Copy Items" dialog box appears.
When you close it another "Move Items" dialog box appears.
After closing this second dialog box, your media file starts playing in Media player.
Actually this problem occurs when "Copy To" and "Move To" options are added in file/folder context menu. It might be done by a tweaking software or you added it intentionally.
You just need to remove these 2 options from context menu to solve this problem.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Remove Copy To and Move To keys under it.
4. That's it. Now you'll not see those 2 annoying dialog boxes any more.
NOTE: If you want a ready-made registry script which can do the task automatically, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 8.1?
- How to Remove Nokia PC Suite, My Sharing Folders, Web Folders or Other Unwanted Items from My Computer in Windows?
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize My Computer Context Menu in Windows
- List of Windows Vista System Files to Customize Using Resource Hacker
- MetroController: Free Utility to Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Windows Explorer Ribbon UI in Windows 8