[Solution] Control Panel, Welcome Center or Games are not Opening in Windows Vista
If you are a Windows Vista user and you can't access Control Panel or Welcome Center or can't start Games, this tutorial will help you.
Many times Windows Vista users face a very strange problem. Whenever they open Control Panel, Welcome Center or start a game, a "Windows Explorer" window pops up and disappears automatically. You have no idea why is this weird thing happening as you don't get any error message.
Don't worry. If you are one of them who are facing this problem then follow these simple steps:
1. Open Service Manager by giving "services.msc" command in RUN or Start Menu Search box.
2. In right-side pane, look for a service "Software Licensing". Double-click on it and make sure its Startup type is set to "Automatic". If its not, then change it to "Automatic" and click on "Start" button to start the service.
3. If its already set to "Automatic", then stop the service and again start it.
4. That's it. It should solve the problem and you should be able to access Control Panel, Welcome Center without any problem. Now you'll also be able to play games in Windows.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Windows Photo Viewer Takes Too Much Time in Opening Images
- SmartUp Menu: Freeware to Get Windows Vista Style Start Menu in Windows XP
- Official Tool to Download Windows 8.1 Setup ISO and Create Installation Media
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP
- [Wishlist] Features You Want to See in Next Windows Version
- How to Replace PowerShell Shortcut with Command Prompt in “Win+X” Menu of Windows 8.1?