UPDATE: Final version of Opera Mail has been released.
There are many free Desktop email clients available for Windows and Mac which allow you to access your email accounts right from your Desktop without opening their websites in web browsers. Some of the popular email clients are Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Microsoft Outlook, etc. You can read more about these email clients at following link:
Today we are going to share another free email client released by popular web browser company "Opera". If you are an Opera browser fan, you might be already aware of this email client from Opera.
This new email client is called "Opera Mail" which has been released for Windows and Mac OS. Actually Opera Mail was a part of Opera web browser but Opera has removed it from the browser and has made it available as a separate product.
Opera Mail supports almost all popular email services such as Windows Live Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, etc. It also allows you to import existing emails from other email clients such as Thunderbird and Outlook Express. All popular email retrieval protocols such as POP3, IMAP and SMTP are supported by Opera Mail.
An interesting feature present in Opera Mail is "Low Bandwidth Mode" which tries to use as little bandwidth as possible when enabled. For example if you enable this feature, Opera Mail will not fetch more than first 100 lines of a message unless requested by you. Similarly it'll only synchronize new messages and will not fetch attachments unless requested by you. This mode might become very useful for users using slow dial-up connection or using Internet connection with bandwidth limitations.
Opera Mail also comes with a built-in RSS Feed reader which might be another interesting feature of it.
Currently Opera Mail is under development and its first release candidate version is available for download. Interested people can download it using following link:
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Customize Start Page Background Theme and Number of Columns in Opera
- Windows 8 Recycle Bin Will Not Warn You When You Delete a File
- How to Disable New Metro Boot Loader and Bring Back Windows Vista and 7 Style Boot Loader in Windows 8?
- [Version 2] Customizing RUN Dialog Box in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- PlacesBar Editor: Customize Default Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Windows and Office
- Add “Restore Ownership to TrustedInstaller” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows