How to Change “New Tab” Button URL in Mozilla Firefox?
UPDATE: In newer versions of Mozilla Firefox web browser, you can change New Tab page to open any desired website URL without using any extra add-on.
Open about:config page and change value of browser.newtab.url preference to desired URL.
You can set its value to about:blank to always open a blank page or set its value to about:home to always open homepage or set its value to any website URL.
To learn more about about:config page and changing preference value, check out this guide.
Today we are going to share an excellent add-on for Mozilla Firefox at the request of our reader "TheAslan". He asked us:
Is it possible to change "+ a.k.a new tab button" to open homepage instead of new tab?
Yes. It's possible. Not by default but by using an add-on.
By default, Mozilla Firefox doesn't allow changing "New Tab" page URL. When you open a new tab, a blank page is opened.
"NewTabURL" is an add-on for Firefox which allows you to change New Tab page URL. You can set it to:
- Blank page
- Current page
- Custom URL
It also allows you to:
- Load URL from clipboard in new tab
- Automatically select URL in addressbar after loading the tab
- Always keep a new tab opened
All above options are really helpful IMO.
You can download it using following link:
I hope this essential feature will be included in future Firefox versions...
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 10 Automatic Upgrade on Your Computer Again
- Windows Explorer Always Opens in Libraries View in Windows 7, How to Change Target Folder?
- Download “Google Android” Theme for Sony Ericsson Mobile Phone
- [Tip] How to Modify System Files Using Resource Hacker in Windows
- How to Fix “Copy Items” & “Move Items” Dialog Box Cut-Off Problem in Windows?
- How to Get Classic Old Interface Back in Google Search Pages?