Microsoft Office 2016 RTM Now Available for Download
Good news for people who were eagerly waiting for the final release (RTM) of Microsoft's upcoming Office suite "Office 2016" and its general availability (GA).
Today i.e. September 22, 2015, Microsoft has released final RTM version of Office 2016 to public for download and purchase.
The version number of Office 2016 RTM is 16.0.4266.1003.
People who are using Office 365 ProPlus subscription, will automatically receive Office 2016 in form of monthly feature and security updates. Microsoft has named this always up-to-date mechanism of Office 365 ProPlus as "Current Branch" (CB). So Office 2016 update will be provided to all Office 365 ProPlus subscribers via Current Branch starting September 22nd.
If you are an Office 365 ProPlus subscriber but don't want the Office 2016 update on September 22nd and want to wait for a few months, you can opt for the new "Current Branch for Business" (CBB) model which will deliver three cumulative feature updates per year. Don't worry! you'll continue to receive monthly security updates. Office 2016 will be released to "Current Branch for Business" model in February 2016. This Office 2016 update will be similar to the September 22nd release but will also include security updates released during four additional months (between September 22nd to February 2016). You can consider this new Current Branch for Business of Office same as Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (Long Term Servicing Branch).
Office 365 Personal and Office 365 Home users will also receive Office 2016 update on September 22nd.
Volume License users can download Office 2016 from the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) starting October 1st.
- Office 2016 Home and Student - $149.99
- Office 2016 Home and Business - $229.99
- Office 2016 Professional - $399.99
- Office 365 Personal - $6.99 per month
- Office 365 Home - $9.99 per month
Office 2016 comes with many new features and UI enhancements such as new dark and colorful themes addition, cloud support, real-time co-authoring, new assistant tools, etc.
You can read our exclusive review of Office 2016 to learn more about its features:
If you want to test the new Office 2016 features first, you can download a free Preview version of Office 2016 from following link:
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows Insiders to Get Windows 10 for Free
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
- How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] “View” Tab is Missing in “Folder Options” Dialog Box in Windows
- Clear Type Tuner: Microsoft Powertoy to Tweak and Customize Clear Type Font Settings in Windows
- How to Get Good Old “RSS Feed Icon” Back in Mozilla Firefox Addressbar