Recently we posted about adjusting Taskbar thumbnail live preview delay time. In Windows 7, whenever you hover your mouse cursor over a running application's button in Taskbar, Windows shows a small thumbnail of running application with a close button and if you hover your mouse cursor over the small thumbnail, Windows shows a live preview of the running application and makes all other running applications windows transparent.
If you don't like the live preview feature and want to turn it off, this tutorial will help you. Today we are sharing a small registry trick to disable these live previews.
So here we start the tutorial:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD value DisablePreviewWindow and set its value to 1 to disable live previews.
PS: If the above trick doesn't work for you, create new DWORD DisablePreviewDesktop instead of the above mentioned DWORD and set its value to 1. (Thanks to our reader "TheAslan" for this info)
4. That's it. Log off or restart your system to take effect.
NOTE: If you want to restore default settings, simply delete "DisablePreviewWindow" DWORD value or change its value to 0.
PS: If you want a ready-made script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Approx. 1 GB Free Space by Removing Unnecessary Files After Installing SP1 in Windows Vista
- [Fix] “Shellmanager Database is Corrupt or Missing” Error Message While (Un)Installing Nero Software in Windows
- How to Disable “Speed up Browsing by Disabling Add-ons” Popup Notification Message in Internet Explorer?
- Download Windows Defender Offline (aka Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Tool) to Remove Malware from Infected PC
- How to Download Movies Subtitles Automatically Using Media Player Classic?
- Speed Up Windows Vista – Master Tutorial to Make Windows Vista Super Fast