How to Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 7
Recently we posted about adjusting Taskbar thumbnail live preview delay time. In Windows 7, whenever you hover your mouse cursor over a running application's button in Taskbar, Windows shows a small thumbnail of running application with a close button and if you hover your mouse cursor over the small thumbnail, Windows shows a live preview of the running application and makes all other running applications windows transparent.
If you don't like the live preview feature and want to turn it off, this tutorial will help you. Today we are sharing a small registry trick to disable these live previews.
So here we start the tutorial:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD value DisablePreviewWindow and set its value to 1 to disable live previews.
PS: If the above trick doesn't work for you, create new DWORD DisablePreviewDesktop instead of the above mentioned DWORD and set its value to 1. (Thanks to our reader "TheAslan" for this info)
4. That's it. Log off or restart your system to take effect.
NOTE: If you want to restore default settings, simply delete "DisablePreviewWindow" DWORD value or change its value to 0.
PS: If you want a ready-made script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Minitool Power Data Recovery Giveaway Winners List
- [Fix] Google Chrome Showing XP Style Classic Blue Titlebar in Windows Vista, Not Using Aero Glass Theme
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 8/8.1 Taskbar?
- Add Windows XP Style Classic System Properties Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- Add “Show / Hide Checkbox” to Select Items Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- Download Windows 7 Theme for Windows Vista