Most of Windows 8 users complain about the new Start Screen which automatically appears at startup. They don't want this Start Screen to appear when they log into Windows. They just want to boot directly into Desktop similar to previous Windows versions.
There are many known ways to skip Start Screen at startup such as adding Show Desktop shortcut to Windows startup, scheduling automatic boot into Desktop using Task Scheduler, etc.
Today we are going to share a very easy to use and 100% working method to skip Metro Start Screen and boot directly into Desktop in Windows 8.
Everyone knows here that we love Classic Shell software which brings classic Windows features back in Windows 7 and Windows 8 such as classic Start Menu, start button, standard toolbar buttons in Windows Explorer, etc.
You can check out following exclusive AskVG review of Classic Shell to read more details about this excellent freeware:
Now the good news is that a new version of Classic Shell has been released which comes with a new option to skip Start Screen in Windows 8.
So now you can use Classic Shell software to skip Start Screen and directly log into Desktop in Windows 8.
Please follow these simple steps if you want to skip Start Screen in Windows 8:
1. First of all download and install Classic Shell software using following link:
2. After installing Classic Shell, open Classic Start Menu Settings window. You can open it either by going to "All Programs -> Classic Shell -> Start Menu Settings" option or by right-clicking on Start button and selecting "Settings" option.
3. Now go to "Windows 8 Settings" tab in Settings window and make sure "Skip Metro screen" option is enabled.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and restart or log off and get ready to directly boot into Windows 8 Desktop.
Please note that you might get Start Screen for a very small amount of time at startup which is a limitation and currently we don't know any working way to bypass it completely.
Also check out our exclusive Classic Shell skin to Get Windows 7 look-like Start Menu in Windows 8:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable / Activate Hidden Administrator Account in Windows?
- How to Restrict Users from Deleting Cookies, Temporary Files and Other Browsing History Data in Internet Explorer?
- How to Auto-Hide or Disable Command Bar in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- Download Awesome “Nyan Cat” Progress Bar Utility for Windows 7
- Add Image or Logo in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows XP
- How to Fix “Windows NT Setup Files Detected” Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP