How to Show Day and Month Names in System Tray Date in Windows 7 and Later
Windows 7 and later show both date as well as time in system tray because of the new superbar.
Did you know you can customize it and can show the day and month names as well?
Here is a small tutorial which will tell you how to customize the date shown in system tray in Windows 7 and later:
1. Type intl.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Regional and Language Options window.
2. Now click on "Addition Settings" button.
3. Go to "Date" tab and you'll see the value of "Short date" will be set to dd-MM-yyyy.
You can customize it to show day and month names. Here:
d stands for day
m stands for month
y stands for year
You can use these 3 alphabets to customize the date. Following are some examples of customized date:
d-m-y will show 10-1-9
dd-mm-yy will show 10-01-09
ddd-mmm-yyy will show Sat-Jan-2009
dddd-mmmm-yyyy will show Saturday-January-2009
I hope you got the idea behind it. You can use any of the above combination to customize the date format. For example you can use:
4. You can also change the separator - to some other symbol or can remove it completely like ddd dd MMM yyyy
5. Once you finish customizing the date format, click on Apply button and you have done:
Isn't it cool?
PS: If you want to show only Time and not Date in Windows Taskbar, then use following value for "Short date":
ddd dd MMMM yyyy
NOTE: If you want to hide Time in system tray, put a blank space in "Long time" text box under "Time" tab.
- How to Show AM / PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows?
- How to Customize AM and PM Symbols in System Tray Clock in Windows?
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Jumplist in Windows 7 Start Menu Stopped Working
- How to Enable Smooth Scrolling Feature in Google Chrome?
- How to Remove Windows Vista Startup ORB Animation (aka Pearl Animation)?
- How to Enable Titlebar Text and Icon and Put Tabs on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox 28 and Later?
- How to Change or Create Boot Screen in Windows using TuneUp Utilities
- [Tip] Remove Shadow Effect from Window Borders in Windows 10