How to Restore Default “New Tab” Page in Internet Explorer 8?
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), you might have noticed the "New Tab" page which shows a few handy links to open recently closed tabs, open InPrivate browsing window, etc:
Sometimes the "New Tab" page is replaced by a Blank page. It might be due to some tweaking software or change in Internet Options.
If you are facing the same problem and want to get the "New Tab" page back in IE8, please follow these simple instructions:
1. Open Internet Explorer and go to "Tools -> Internet Options". If you can't see Menubar, you can access it by pressing "ALT" key.
2. Now click on "Settings" button in "Tabs" section.
3. Now select "The new tab page" option from the drop-down box given in "When a new tab is opened, open:" section.
4. That's it. Click on OK button and now you'll get the default "New Tab" page back in IE8.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft RichCopy: Free Utility to Copy Multiple Files with Pause/Resume Function
- [Fix] Internet Connection Not Working Using Mobile Phones or USB Modems in Windows
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607) RS1 and RS2 Changelog
- XP SysPad: A Must Have System Tool for Power Users
- [Fun Tip] Access New Metro Boot Loader While Running Windows 8
- Disable the New AwesomeBar and Get Classic Addressbar Back in Mozilla Firefox