How to Remove or Customize Shortcut Arrow Icon in Windows?
In Windows, whenever you create a new shortcut or a program creates a new shortcut, a small arrow is shown on the shortcut icon to easily distinguish it from others. This small arrow is also known as shortcut overlay. Although its a useful feature of Windows but many people don't like the arrow.
There are many ways to remove this shortcut arrow icon such as editing Windows Registry, modifying system files to replace the icon resource, etc. But sometimes these methods might create other problems.
Today in this article, we are going to share a freeware "Vista Shortcut Overlay Manager" which allows you to:
- Remove or hide shortcut arrow icon
- Replace default shortcut arrow icon with a small and light icon
- Customize shortcut arrow icon
It works in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Using the freeware is very simple. There are 4 radio buttons provided: Arrow, Light Arrow, Custom Arrow and No Arrow. Click on the desired radio button and it'll immediately apply the changes.
UPDATE: It seems the official download page is no longer available so we have uploaded the utility at our server for your convenience. You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- StartOrbz: Free Software to Create and Change Windows 7 Start ORB (Start Button)
- How to Change or Customize Internet Explorer Title Bar Caption?
- [Tip] Customize Start Page Background Theme and Number of Columns in Opera
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- FileMenu Tools: Free Utility to Customize Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later