How to Remove “Libraries” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
If you enable "Navigation Pane" in Windows 7 Explorer, it shows following 5 items in the pane:
This tutorial will help you in removing "Libraries" item from the Navigation pane in Windows 7 Explorer as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now you'll need to change value of "Attributes" DWORD value present in the right-side section. But Windows will not allow you to change its value as you won't have proper permissions. So take ownership of ShellFolder key with the help of this guide.
4. Now double-click on "Attributes" DWORD value given in right-side section and change its value to b090010d
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and "Libraries" will no longer present in Explorer window.
If you want to restore "Libraries" in Navigation pane, simply change value of "Attributes" DWORD to b080010d using step 4.
NOTE 1: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows, you may notice that Libraries icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove Libraries icon from there, you'll need to perform the same steps in following key as well:
Just go to above mentioned key, take ownership of the key and in right-side pane, change value of Attributes DWORD to b090010d to remove Libraries icon.
NOTE 2: If you want to completely disable "Libraries" feature, you can visit following tutorial:
PS: For Windows 8.1 or later OS users:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Keyboard Shortcuts List for Windows Media Player in Windows 7
- Google Toolbar Discontinued for Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and Newer Versions
- PowerMenu: Minimize Any Application to System Tray in Windows
- How to Program and Use Airtel Digital TV (ADTV), Tata Sky DTH and Videocon D2H Universal Remotes with your TV Set?
- Download Free Password Recovery Tools for Windows, Dialup Connection, Messengers, Emails, Browsers
- [Fix] Jumplist in Windows 7 Start Menu Stopped Working