If you enable "Navigation Pane" in Windows 7 Explorer, it shows following 5 items in the pane:
This tutorial will help you in removing "Libraries" item from the Navigation pane as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now you'll need to change value of "Attributes" DWORD value present in the right-side section. But Windows will not allow you to change its value as you won't have proper permissions.
To get permissions, first right-click on "ShellFolder" key and select "Permissions".
It'll open a new window. Select "Administrators" in user list and check "Allow" box given for "Full Control" permission.
Click on OK button to apply the changes.
4. Now double-click on "Attributes" DWORD value given in right-side section and change its value to b090010d
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and "Libraries" will no longer present in Explorer window.
NOTE 1: If you want to restore "Libraries" in Navigation pane, simply change value of "Attributes" DWORD to b080010d using step 4.
NOTE 2: For Windows 8.1 users:
PS: If you want to completely disable "Libraries" feature, you can visit following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Realistic Fly, Ladybugs and Cockroaches for Your Desktop
- WinLaunch: Download Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” for Windows Vista and 7
- [FAQ] Things to Know Before Downloading or Installing Windows 8.1 Preview
- [Solution] How to Disable Menubar in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Explorer?
- XdN Tweaker: Free Tweaking Software for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Open++: Useful Context Menu Shell Extension for Windows