How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?
Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Show “New Windows Updates Available” Notification Icon in Windows 8 Taskbar?
- BitLocker Repair Tool: Recover Encrypted Data from Physically Damaged or Corrupted Hard Disk
- Dataone Quick Usage Finder (DQUF) Utility for BSNL Broadband Users
- Remove Annoying Ads from Windows Live Messenger (WLM) using A-Patch
- True Burner: Another Free CD / DVD Burning and Copying Software
- Add “Show / Hide Checkbox” to Select Items Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later