How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?
Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Mount ISO, VHD and Other Image Files in Windows Similar to Windows 8?
- XP SysPad: A Must Have System Tool for Power Users
- How to Reset Master Password in Mozilla Firefox?
- Google Adds New Minimal Theme to Gmail, How to Instructions Inside
- Download “Vista Boot Logo Generator” to Change or Customize Windows Vista Boot Screen
- Download Awesome Windows 8 Metro Theme for KMPlayer