Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Password Complexity Requirements in Windows Server 2003 and 2008?
- [Review] All About Resource Hacker, The Ultimate Windows Customization Tool
- How to Clear / Remove Unwanted Items from “Hide Inactive Icons” Customization Box History in Notification Area of Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Get “Home” Button in Tab Bar in Mozilla Firefox
- TheWorld: New Web Browser Based on Internet Explorer Rendering Engine
- Opera Mail: Download New Desktop Email Client for Windows and Mac