Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Create Simple Script to Close and Restart Explorer Automatically in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Exclusive] How to Add New Shortcuts in “Win+X” Menu of Windows 8?
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- Resource Tuner: Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- Download Windows 8 Updates to Fix Advanced Startup Option Issues and Improve Windows Defender Performance
- How to Get “Shared Folder Icon” Back in Windows Explorer in Windows 7