Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1 and 7 Features Comparison Chart
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- [Software Update] Google Chrome 37 Stable Release Now Available for Download
- Win+X Menu Editor: Freeware to Tweak and Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8
- Ultimate Collection of Best “Resource Hacker” Tutorials to Customize Windows Look-n-Feel
- How to Change or Remove “Genuine Windows Activation” Logo and “Learn More Online” Link from Windows 7 System Properties?