Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Glass Toast: Get Longhorn Style Glassy Notification Balloon Popups in Windows XP, 2003 and Vista
- Google Redesigns Gmail Look, Adds New HD Themes, How to Instructions Inside
- How to Get Drive Capacity Bar aka HDD Meter Back in Windows Vista and Later Explorer?
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows?
- A Bootable USB: Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista and Later
- [FIX] Cannot Install New Fonts in Windows, “Install New Fonts” Command Missing from File Menu