Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Fake Antivirus Programs from Windows?
- How to Disable “Open New Tab After Current Tab” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- Add Your Favorite Program Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP
- How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
- Simple Patch to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista Home Basic Edition