Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- RK Launcher: One of The Best Free Dock Utility for Windows
- [IE10 Review] What’s New in Microsoft Internet Explorer 10?
- Create Shortcut to Kill All Not Responding Programs on the Fly in Windows
- Windows Show Desktop Link: Get the Good Old “Show Desktop” Icon Back in Windows 7
- How to Fix “Task Manager has been Disabled by your Administrator” Problem in Windows?
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows