Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Ultimate List of Best Free Alternatives to Windows Media Center
- [Tip] Speed Up Switching between Desktop and Start Screen By Disabling Start Screen Animation in Windows 8
- Windows 7 Logon Reworked: Get Longhorn Style Aurora Login Screen in Windows 7
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret “Profile Manager” Feature in Google Chrome
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Skin for Yahoo! Messenger 9 and 10
- Microsoft Introduces Outlook.com, New Email Service with Metro UI