How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?
Recently someone asked us how can he remove "Gadgets" option from Windows 7 Desktop context menu as he doesn't use any gadgets on Desktop?
If you also don't like this extra option in Desktop context menu and want to remove it, then this tutorial will help you.
You can remove this option by uninstalling the complete Gadget application. How will you do that? Here are the required steps:
1. Open Control Panel, click on "Programs and Features" and then click on "Turn Windows features on or off" link present in left sidebar:
2. It'll open another window, now uncheck "Windows Gadget Platform" option from the list and click on OK button:
3. That's it. It'll uninstall the Gadget application and the "Gadgets" option will be removed from Desktop context menu:
Its good for people who like minimal context menu and don't use Gadgets on Desktop.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Free Windows 8 RTM 90-day Trial Version
- Get Windows 7 Volume Control Box in Windows XP
- Download Windows 10 Free Technical Preview
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Audio / Video Players and Alternatives to Windows Media Player
- [Fix] Gmail Marks Your Important Emails as Spam
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Tata Sky and Airtel Digital TV DTH Set Top Box