How to Pin “Network Connections” Shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar?
In this tutorial, we'll learn how to add "Network Connections" shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar so that you can access it quickly and easily.
Following are the required steps:
1. First you'll need to create a new shortcut. To do this, right-click on Desktop and select "New -> Shortcut":
2. It'll launch "Create Shortcut" wizard. Now enter following string in location box:
3. After entering the location, click on "Next" button. Now type Network Connections in name box and click on "Finish" button. It'll create a new shortcut on Desktop.
4. Now its time to change the icon. Right-click on the shortcut and select "Properties". Click on "Change Icon" button. Type ncpa.cpl in text box and press Enter. Select the icon, click on OK button and then Apply the changes.
PS: If you don't want to create the shortcut manually and want a ready-made shortcut, download following ZIP file, extract it and you'll get the desired shortcut:
5. Now you just need to pin this new shortcut to Taskbar. You can either drag-n-drop the shortcut to Taskbar or right-click on the shortcut and select "Pin to Taskbar" option:
6. That's it. Now you can enjoy the "Network Connections" shortcut in Taskbar:
- How to Add "Network Connections" Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu in Windows?
- How to Add "Network Connections" Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows?
- How to Add "Network Connections" Folder in My Computer Window?
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Software Update] Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) 4.9.0218.0 Now Available for Download
- SystemTray Recycler: Put Recycle Bin in Windows System Tray aka Taskbar Notification Area
- [Tip] Get Colored Titlebar Back in Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10
- [Tip] Hide / Remove Search Box and Up Button from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- [End of an Era] Winamp is Shutting Down on December 20, 2013
- Install All Post-SP1 Updates Offline in Windows 7 Using Convenience Rollup Package