How to Fix “Task Manager has been Disabled by your Administrator” Problem in Windows?
That's a very common problem for Windows users. Many times when you try to open Task Manager, you find that "Task Manager" option has been grayed out:
Also when you try to run it by typing "taskmgr" in RUN dialog box, Windows shows following error message:
Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator.
There might be 2 possible reasons behind this problem:
- Your system administrator applied the restriction using Registry Editor or Group Policy Editor.
- Your system has been infected with virus and it has disabled the Task Manager.
If you are already the Administrator of the system, then your system is most probably infected. You should follow the instructions given in following topic first:
Now if your system in not infected or you have successfully removed the virus, then you can follow these simple steps to enable Task Manager again:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box or Start Menu Search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. If Registry editor is also disabled, then follow instructions given in following tutorial:
2. Now go to following keys one by one:
and look for a DWORD value "DisableTaskMgr" in right-side pane. If you find it, delete it.
3. That's it. Now Task Manager will be enabled.
PS: If you are not familiar with editing the registry, then you can use ready-made registry script to do the task automatically. Download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Secret Tips to Disable Statistics and Data Collection in Opera Web Browser
- Trillian Instant Messenger: Keep in Touch with Friends on All Major IM and Social Network
- [Tip] Give Browse Dialog Box More Space in Windows Vista and Later
- Download Windows 8 Free Consumer Preview (Public Beta)
- How to Get “Shared Folder Icon” Back in Windows Explorer in Windows 7
- How to Upgrade from Existing Hotmail Account to New Outlook.com Email Account?