How to Enable / Show Menu Bar Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
This tutorial will help you in forcing Internet Explorer web browser to always show Menu bar:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Create a new key "Internet Explorer" under "Microsoft" key.
4. Create another new key "Main" under "Internet Explorer" key.
So the final path would be:
5. Now in right-side pane, create a new DWORD value AlwaysShowMenus and set its value to 1
6. That's it. Now the Menu bar will be permanently visible in Internet Explorer as shown in following screenshot:
NOTE: To disable Menu Bar again, you can either delete DWORD value AlwaysShowMenus or set its value to 0.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Wishlist] Features You Want to See in Next Windows Version
- [Tip] How to Import/Copy Other Web Browsers Bookmarks in Opera?
- Add “Windows Apps” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- How to Put Tabs Back on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox?
- Fission: Firefox Add-on to Show Progressbar in Addressbar Similar to Safari or Opera
- How to Rename “Favorites”, “Libraries”, “Homegroup”, “Computer” and “Network” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?