This tutorial will help you in forcing Internet Explorer web browser to always show Menu bar:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Create a new key "Internet Explorer" under "Microsoft" key.
4. Create another new key "Main" under "Internet Explorer" key.
So the final path would be:
5. Now in right-side pane, create a new DWORD value AlwaysShowMenus and set its value to 1
6. That's it. Now the Menu bar will be permanently visible in Internet Explorer as shown in following screenshot:
NOTE: To disable Menu Bar again, you can either delete DWORD value AlwaysShowMenus or set its value to 0.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Customize “New Folder” and “New Shortcut” Text in Windows XP Context Menu
- Did You Know You can Move Taskbar Buttons in Windows 7?
- How to Re-Enable Missing Details Pane in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- Add-on to Automatically Save and Recover Lost Form Data in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- [Fix] “There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program” Error Message in Windows
- [Tip] Hide / Remove Search Box and Up Button from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer