How to Enable / Show Menu Bar Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer?
This tutorial will help you in forcing Internet Explorer web browser to always show Menu bar:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Create a new key "Internet Explorer" under "Microsoft" key.
4. Create another new key "Main" under "Internet Explorer" key.
So the final path would be:
5. Now in right-side pane, create a new DWORD value AlwaysShowMenus and set its value to 1
6. That's it. Now the Menu bar will be permanently visible in Internet Explorer as shown in following screenshot:
NOTE: To disable Menu Bar again, you can either delete DWORD value AlwaysShowMenus or set its value to 0.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- What is the Use of “Add to Compact View” Option in Windows Live Mail
- Windows 8 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), GA on October 26th, 2012
- How to Disable Automatic Upgrade to Latest Windows Version in Windows 8 and 8.1
- Windows Blue will be Called Windows 8.1 and will be a Free Update to Windows 8
- Take a Look at New Animated Boot Screen in Windows 7 Build 6954
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Notification Area of Windows 7