How to Disable New One-Click Search Bar and Restore Classic Search Box in Mozilla Firefox?
The new versions of Mozilla Firefox web browser come with many new features such as Firefox Hello, built-in themes to customize Firefox UI, etc.
Apart from these new features, there is another interesting change in the new Firefox version. It comes with a new and improved Search interface for the Search box (or Search Bar). We told you about it earlier in our exclusive Nightly Update article.
If you try to search for a term using Search box present in Firefox toolbar, you'll notice the new Search UI which displays search suggestions along with one-click buttons for other search engines such as Yahoo!, Bing, Wikipedia, etc.
Its a good change and improvement in Firefox but some people are not liking the new Search interface. If you also don't like the new One-Click Search UI in Firefox, you can disable it with the help of this tutorial.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you ways to get rid of the new Search UI in Firefox and bring the old classic Search interface back.
So without wasting time lets start the tutorial:
METHOD 1: Using Classic Theme Restorer Extension
You can easily bring back the classic search box and other classic UI features in Mozilla Firefox newer versions with the help of Classic Theme Restorer extension.
First download the extension from following topic:
And then you can enable "Old Search" option given in "General UI (1)" section of this extension options. It'll restore classic search feature in Firefox.
METHOD 2: Using Mozilla Firefox Preferences
Mozilla has added a new Search tab in Firefox Preferences window. You can take help of the new tab to disable search suggestions or to remove one-click search buttons of other search providers.
Open Firefox Preferences window and go to Search tab.
Alternatively, you can directly access Search tab by clicking on "Change Search Settings" link given at the bottom of new Search interface.
Here you can uncheck any unwanted search engine and it'll be immediately removed from the new Search interface.
You can remove all search engine buttons and search suggestions which will make the new Search interface look-like the old Search UI:
METHOD 3: Using about:config Page
If you are not satisfied with the result, you can permanently turn the new Search interface off using about:config window:
1. Open Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type oneoff in the Filter box and look for following boolean key:
3. The entry "browser.search.showOneOffButtons" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. Restart Firefox and it'll disable the new one-click Search UI in Firefox and you'll get the old classic Search interface back.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “Chess” Game in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Disable “Install Windows Updates and Shut Down” Option in Windows Start Menu?
- How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows?
- What Happened to the Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?
- How to Disable “Homegroup” Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
- Revealing Hidden Secret Service Menu in Dish TV DTH Set Top Box