If you are using the latest Microsoft operating system Windows 8 RTM, you must be knowing about the new hot corners. Microsoft has introduced hot corners in Windows 8 which help you in accessing useful stuff quickly and easily.
When you move your mouse cursor to bottom-left corner, it shows you a small Start Screen thumbnail to go to Start Screen.
When you move the cursor to top-left corner, the app switch list is shown so that you can switch between running apps.
If you move your cursor to top-right corner or bottom-right corner, the new Charms Bar is shown containing direct shortcuts to Search, Share, Start Screen, Device Manager and Settings.
Although hot corners were designed to help Windows 8 users but sometimes you might find them annoying when they come on the screen accidentally.
Recently we posted about a Registry tweak which helps you in disabling Charms Bar hint in Windows 8:
And today in this topic, we are going to share a trick to disable all hot corners in Windows 8.
Actually a new version 3.6 of Classic Shell has been released which comes with a new option to disable all hot corners in Windows 8.
So if you also want to disable all hot corners including Start Screen thumbnail, Charms Bar and app switch list in Windows 8, follow these simple steps:
1. First download Classic Shell using following link:
2. After installing Classic Shell, click on the new Start button which is added to Taskbar by this freeware. It'll open Classic Start Menu Settings window.
Alternatively, you can right-click on Start button in Taskbar and select Settings option.
3. Now click on "All Settings" radio button present at the bottom of the Settings window and go to "Windows 8 Settings" tab.
4. Here the option "Disable active corners" would be set to "Start screen". Click on "All" radio button and apply the changes.
5. That's it. It'll immediately disable all hot corners in Windows 8.
PS: You can also try to turn off "Right Edge Swipe", "Enable Edge Swipes" or similar option present in "Control Panel -> Mouse" settings window to disable Charms Bar gesture in your touch enabled device as mentioned in following tutorial:
Do you like the new hot corners in Windows 8? Please share your feedback about this new feature of Windows 8 in your comment...
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change or Customize Windows XP and Windows 7 Login Screen Text Entries?
- Ultimate List of Hidden Secret “About” Pages and Easter Eggs in Google Chrome
- Everything You Want to Know About Windows 8.1
- How to Get Good Old 3D Pinball Game, InkBall, Hold ‘Em, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Calendar and ClipBook Viewer in Windows 7?
- How to Pin Any File, Folder or Program Shortcut to Windows 8 and Later Start Screen?
- Get Windows XP Style Classic “All Programs” List in Start Menu of Windows Vista and Windows 7