How to Disable Built-in Spell Checker Feature (Autocorrect Words) in Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1?
Microsoft's latest OS Windows 8 comes with a new version of Internet Explorer web browser i.e. version 10 which comes with a few new features, UI updates and performance improvements.
This new version also comes with a built-in spell checker tool which automatically checks and corrects spelling and grammar mistakes in webpages. You can check following exclusive review of IE10 to read more about it:
But the built-in spell checker doesn't work as good as its supposed to do for some users. A few IE users have complained about this spell-checker feature and they want to disable it permanently.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to turn off built-in spell-checker in IE10:
For Windows 7 Users:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools icon present in toolbar. You can also press "Alt+X" keys together to open it.
2. Now click on "Manage add-ons" option present in Tools menu. It'll open add-ons manager window.
3. Now click on "Spelling Correction" option given in left-side pane and uncheck the option "Enable spelling correction" given at the bottom of the window as shown in following screenshot:
4. That's it. Close the window and you have successfully disabled built-in spell checker tool in Internet Explorer 10.
For Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Users:
1. Move your mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corner of screen to access Charms Bar and click on Settings option.
2. Now click on "Change PC settings" option given at the bottom.
3. It'll open Metro Control Panel or PC Settings page. Click on "General" section given in left-hand side in Windows 8. If you are using Windows 8.1, click on "PC & devices -> Typing".
4. Now in right-side, turn off following 2 options:
- Autocorrect misspelled words
- Highlight misspelled words
5. That's it. It'll disable spell checker feature in Internet Explorer as well as the whole operating system.
Thanks to our readers "joks" and "rkkdjb" for sharing this info...
=== === === === === === === === ===
Are you also using IE10? Did you also want to disable the spell-checker feature? Feel free to share your feedback about IE10 in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “Minesweeper” Game in Windows Vista and 7
- [Fix] Lock Screen Appears Automatically at Constant Intervals in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 8/8.1 Taskbar?
- How to Disable Built-in Spell Checker Feature (Autocorrect Words) in Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1?
- Add “Hide” and “Unhide” Options in File / Folder Context Menus in Windows
- [Fix] Microsoft Word Always Shows “[Compatibility Mode]” Text in Titlebar