How to Change Download Folder Location in Your Favorite Web Browser?
There are many web browsers available on Internet but four browsers Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera are the most popular and widely used among all. Different people like different browsers and personally I prefer using Firefox on my computers. Generally I install all popular web browsers in my personal and work computers as I need to test their features and extensions to write articles about them here at AskVG.
Because of using many web browsers in a single computer system, I organize the downloaded files of each web browser in different folders for my convenience. For example I have a folder "Downloads" in my hard disk drive which contains 4 sub-folders such as IE Downloads, Firefox Downloads, etc to store downloaded files of each browser. In this way I can easily find out which files were downloaded by which web browser and my downloaded files never get mixed up.
By default almost all web browsers are set to store your downloaded files in "Downloads" folder present in your Windows user profile folder but that location can be easily changed using web browser settings.
If you use a web browser and want to change the download folder location, this tutorial will help you.
Today in this tutorial we are going to tell how to change downloads folder location in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera web browsers.
Change Download Location in Internet Explorer
1. Opera Internet Explorer and click on Tools -> View downloads option. Alternatively you can open download manager window directly by pressing "Ctrl+J" keys together.
2. Now click on "Options" link given at the bottom-left area of download manager window.
3. Now click on "Browse" button, select your desired folder and click on "Select Folder" button.
That's it. Click on OK button to save the changes and now Internet Explorer will always save your downloaded files in your desired folder.
Change Download Location in Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and click on Firefox button -> Options.
2. In options window, go to "General" tab and click on "Browse" button present near "Save files to" radio button.
3. Now select your desired folder and click on "Select Folder" button.
That's it. Click on OK button to save the changes and now Mozilla Firefox will always save your downloaded files in your desired folder.
Change Download Location in Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click on control button -> Settings.
2. It'll open Chrome settings page. Scroll down to bottom and click on "Show advanced settings..." link.
3. Again scroll down and you'll see "Downloads" section. Click on "Change" button. Select your desired folder and click on OK button.
Now Google Chrome will always save your downloaded files in your desired folder.
Change Download Location in Opera
1. Open Opera browser and click on Opera button -> Settings. Alternatively, you can directly open Opera settings window by pressing "Alt+P" keys together.
2. In "Browser" tab, you'll see "Downloads" section. Click on "Change" button, select your desired folder and click on OK button.
Now Opera will always save your downloaded files in your desired folder.
That's all for now. You might be already knowing all or some of these methods but we are sure there are many people who were not aware of these tips and they'll find this tutorial useful. Feel free to share your feedback in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Mirro: Free Media Player with Full Aero Glass Support for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Reset Hosts File to Default in Windows?
- [Guide] Different Ways to Open Command Prompt as Administrator in Windows
- AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway Winners List
- [Tip] How to Import/Copy Other Web Browsers Bookmarks in Opera?
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later